4.1 Rabt

Based on the new promo,no prologue posted for that reason(a two short story)

Present

Armaan's eyes were by now bloodshot due to crying. His heart wrenched at the emotional suffering she was going through without even letting him know about it, all alone.He banged his fist so loud that the glass table top cracked and blood started to ooze out from the cut. But he didn't care anyway!

"Why didn't she tell me? Why?Why?"

The hospital room shook vehemently with each roar that teared through his throat. After four days of that pallid and petite lady lying there on the hospital bed lifeless,not willing to respond to any treatment or any drug injected into her bloodstream,they decided to ring the only number on her phone which had a heart mark beside the contact name. That special someone,the very cause of her misery ,the immediate next morning (actually 2 hours after they informed him at 2am) barged into the hospital after almost beating the guard black and blue,in the most disheveled state possible- heavily intoxicated with fear & guilt,blabbering only one name devoid of any senses,eye bags as dark as how their lives had become after the disaster which happened a week ago. 

6 hours ago

"Abhira Abhira,there" Armaan babbled as he pushed the door open & dragged his legs to the bed where she lay connected to wires & machines double her age.

"Excuse me sir what brings you here? We can't let you in"

"Shh. Her husband" he managed to say while hot tears rolled down his cheeks & his heart burned with guilt. After a few moments of gazing intently at her he looked up & saw a girl even younger than her looking at him. 

"Armaan Sir,I'm Aishwarya,I found her in her hostel room, my Amma manages it. I had knocked her door to inform her about the water supply & breakfast timings as she had shifted only a day back. I knew the kind of person she is, happy,cheerful and full of life always ready to help juniors like us in both academic and personal issues. And I knew she is your wife. I was one of the juniors who were engaged in the decorations for your welcome at our college. When I first saw her in that condition 5 days ago,I almost jumped at my place. I couldn't believe my eyes. But then I saw a notepad on the bed with only two words scribbled on it numerous times until the nib of the pen may have broken-"Why Armaan?"

She had done multiple things to herself within a very short time period I think. She was lying there on the floor like a dead meat,unconscious with a thick load of white foam trailing a short route down her lips,blood oozing out of her wrist & her face pale. You know when I got her here,I didn't even know if she'd even be alive or not..but the doctors somehow kept her breathing. But. But she's not ready to respond to the treatment. If you can do something then please do so. Or. Or else. She'd have the same fate every tragic novel's mad one-sided lover who has no one else apart from one person in their life,as a reason to live has. She will die"

"Don't you dare say that girl. Thank you so much for saving my wife's life and caring for her but I'm capable enough to attend her"

"I don't think so armaan sir. I don't know what may be your personal issue but I'm sure you are at fault. Didi can never do this without a reason. She is the strongest person I have ever met" Aishwarya said as she gave him the hostel room keys  and moved out.

The incident(7 days ago)

Abhira was ready to take the plunge to take their relationship to the next level. She no longer cared about the deal,it was forgotten like it never existed. She wanted to confess. Confess her passionate love for him. And she knew. She knew that he felt the same about her. She saw it in his eyes,those beautiful eyes that spoke everything without a word. Eyes never lie. Do they?

After returning from her office,she had made sure that no one caught her for any work. Instead of decorating the entire room for the most important moment of her life and becoming a hot topic in the house for a week,she only adorned their small portable laptop table with streamers,and then covered it with the blanket. After locking the door,she rushed downstairs to the kitchen and prepared a quick 15 minute dessert, then hopped upstairs again!She had everything ready within 20 minutes and now she waited for him closing her eyes,her heart pounding against her chest,giddy with a feeling that became the cause of the tinted blush coloring her cheeks at near midnight. 

But then what she heard downstairs,hiding behind the curtain to surprise him was something which made her stuff her necessary belongings in her suitcase,smash the mug cake on the floor hard-the broken pieces of it piercing her feet just like the ones of her trust in him pricked her heart,destroy the beautified table she had adorned pouring her entire heart out and tear the mushy placard she made for him into a 100 puzzle pieces,which she thought no one would care to solve. Before Armaan could return back to their room after his conversation with Ruhi,Abhira left the house without letting anyone know.

 Intending to never return to him. Never in this lifetime atleast. As she panted and somehow dragged her feet to the hostel adjacent to her law college,it became insanely difficult for her to breathe. Looking at her gasping and barely able to breathe,the hostel manager took her in and allotted her the only availale room while making her sit on the bench and pouring water down her parched throat. All she could do was join her hands in gratitude and let out a painful shriek with those words ringing her ears like the loudest striking gongs.

"I love you Armaan. Ham Abhira ko apna sach batayenge tohh woh tumhein divorce dedegi nah. Waiseh bhi tum dono ki shaadi sirf ek saal ki deal hi tohh hain."

"Main tumhein tumhara pyaar,tumhari khushiyaan,tumhari zindagi  lautaoonga"

🏵️🏵️🏵️