28 || Queen of Indirect Answers

Coming Down - The Weeknd

𓆩♡𓆪
Alexander

"Yo Alex!"

I'm wiping excess lipstick off the corner of my mouth when my friends burst into the house without warning, but clearly in a rush to get here.

I hear a door I only assume is my room or the bathroom's close, yet considering the circumstances, I believe it's the latter.

The three of them walk into the kitchen, Matt's face is in his phone, Jordan dumps his keys on the counter, and Aiden looks the most concerned out of all of them.

"Is she here?" Aiden is the first to ask questions.

I just gave him a nod. "Yeah." I compensated for my lack of words at the moment.

"Is she okay?' he follows up.

Matt laughs unexpectedly. "I'm sure she's fine. That other girl though..." He whistles out a breath and turns his phone to me, raising the volume.

I immediately know what the video is going to show, and turn his screen back to him. Not wanting to feast my eyes on the ultimate fucking catfight. "You were there Matt, is seeing it firsthand not enough?" I question his pure interest.

"Dude, we just witnessed the ultimate catfight,"

I laugh to myself. We think the same I guess.

"And this is pure gold. Evie beat that chick up." Matt says. "And you shouldn't have pulled her away so quickly, I wanted to see more."

I roll my eyes sarcastically at him. "I swear you get off on this shit."

"Nah man," he's quick to deny with a shrug. "A fight's a fight. And you know me, I spend half of my ice time squaring up with someone or in the box."

I pull my eyes off of him while looking at the other two. Jordan just stares at me while Aiden speaks up. "Yeah, that chick has a pretty nasty scratch on the side of her face."

I smile, getting details of the aftermath I missed along with it. Halfway through Matt's heavily exaggerated recap of the situation, I hear the door down the hallway open.

Soon after, Evie meets us all in the kitchen. "Where were you?" Aiden asks quickly.

"In the bathroom." She responds quite calmly. "Picking skin and hair out of my nails, why?"

I laugh at the small joke before Matt swoops in to congratulate his proclaimed victor of Halloween's Ultimate Catfight.

Not much is said after that. It's just small talk and Matt's narration that fills the room as he, yet again, goes on another tangent of the brief scuffle that happened outside.

At a point I've completely pushed his voice to the background as I focus on the one woman I can't seem to take my eyes off of. I don't want to take my eyes off of her.

And if ten minutes ago confirmed something, it was the fact that I don't want to stay away from her.

I look at her as her eyes are trained on Matt. I'm guessing he said something worth laughing at because her lips curl into a smile.