Chapter -- 5

"Of course Oompa is first." Teacup states, motioning her hand towards Oompa whos in the front of the line eagerly taking his tray of food. She grabs hers after Tank and we sit down at our assigned table. Teacup sits down with Flint on her right. I sit down across from her with a very, very, exhausted Zombie on my left and eager Oompa on my right.

"Y'know, your pretty lucky" Flint states, yet I'm not paying attention to him at all. 

I pick at my food, not hungry at all even though I haven't eaten in 24 hours. Zombie nudges me and instinctively I nudge him back harder so he bumps into Nugget, who cries out. "Jackass" I mutter and turn to Flint. "Were you talking to me?"

"Yea, I said 'your pretty lucky'"

"Why?" I slide my tray to my right and Oompa takes it within seconds.

"Because you arrived on mystery meat day, and our P&D day." He snickers and everyone else groans.

"Wait so what is 'P&D'?" I prop my head up on my elbows.

"Process and disposal" Flint chimes back and Poundcake spits out the water he just took a swig of.

Oompa slides both trays away from him. "Damnit, I forgot that's today." I'm pretty sure everyone slides their trays away after that.

"Which is...?" I think about for a second before the realization hits me- "oh.."

"Yup, this should be fun." Zombie takes a deep breath before getting up and throwing out his tray.

*********************************

If Marika was here she would say we look like mustard terds. She wouldn't be wrong though.

We walk in and Teacup tries to grab onto my hand but I swat her away, so instead she grabs onto me by the arm of my suit. We end up at station 3 for our squad, which is where we get to place all the naked dead bodies on racks. I almost feel bad for Oompa when I notice he gets to help Dumbo with a couple dissections. Hopefully that breakfast doesn't come back up I'll get to embarrass myself in front of everyone with my damn phobia. If Marika was here she would most likely be comforting me.

"Poor Oompa and Dumbo" Teacup says somberly while she carries a kid no bigger than her over to the racks. 

"Yeah whatever, lets just get this over with, not like they haven't dissected something before." I slide my glove farther up my wrist.

"They haven't, I had never even seen a dead body until I came here."

I click my tongue and grab the person to carry them away. On my way back I notice Nugget run out.

"Private Nugget get back here!" Zombie calls after him.

"What's up with him?" I question looking at Zombies tired expression.

"He hates P&D, everyone does."

"Why? They're already dead?" I mean, they are, aren't they?

He sighs and gives me a sad look. "You just don't get it" Then he goes after to see where Nugget went.

God, what is with everyone?

After some time they come back in and I'm already transporting my 15th body. I'm about to sling another over my shoulder when someone reaches over my and as they pick up the body, I get whipped in the face. My guard is loose so it goes flying back into my nose.

"Bitch!" I yell loud enough for the girl to hear. She just yells a sarcastic sorry back at me. I start to charge towards her but I'm stopped.

"Stand down private!" I feel someone's hand around my waist to pull me back. Naturally I turn around and my leg swings up, kicking someone. Hard.

"Damnit Private" Zombie is holding his crotch while bending over.

"Don't fucking touch me! I don't give a fuck if your squad leader, if you touch me again you'll be on the ground unconscious! Got it?" My blood is boiling and my face is even hotter. I don't know if its the fact his hand was on my waist or that his hand was on my waist.

All he does is nod and I turn back around to see the girl who just hit me with a corpse looking amused. I cant tell who it is or make out the face at all because I have only seen the back of her head and her face for a second. But she looks oddly familiar...

******************

We all get back to the barracks and Zombie announces that we earned an hour of free time, which was literally just going to the training room. The training room consisted of half inside and half outside. The outside portion is the shooting range and the inside portion is where all the mats are for hand to hand combat.

Marika would be impressed that they even have mats...

I sit on a stack of mats and watch all the other members fight, I'm studying how they move and fight so when I get paired up with one of them I'll know their tactics. Although it doesn't last long because Reznik has other plans.

"Private Viper, why don't you go against Flintstone over there?" Shit.

He's already grinning like a manic by the time I step onto the mats. I notice half the others are already watching to see what happens. Great.

"Don't worry, I'll go easy one you sweetheart." To top off that horrendous sentence, he winks. Nasty ass. 

"Don't call me that, I'll shove my boot down your throat." I step into position and he almost immediately throws a punch. Thankfully, for me, I had a best friend who taught me how to fight.

"Owww! Did you have to punch me so hard?" I hold my now red cheek.

"Yesss! Its the only way you'll learn. Now keep yours hands up like this." She puts my hands up close to my face like hers. "Ready?" I nod and she throws another punch, this time upwards towards my jaw. I step to the side and kick her gut. Yet she seems unfazed.

"Can you at least pretend your hurt?" She groans and bends over holding her stomach. I roll my eyes and drop my hands when she suddenly strikes a kick to my face. Luckily I bounce backwards before It makes any contact.

"There you go! Finally!" I give her a sarcastic smile. "Just make sure not to let your guard down like that again."

Although I wasn't fighting a hormonal teenage boy. I dodge it quickly and punch him twice in his gut where he dropped his hands. He bends over, hands on his gut and I kick, aiming for his head. Yet instead of just falling over from impact, he falls with my leg so my foot ends up on the neck of a laying down Flintstone. I take my foot away thinking he's done but he grabs my leg and swings me to the mat.

"Looking good sweetheart." He states from behind me as I lay on my stomach. Obviously the remark pisses me off so I flip over, preparing to kick him straight up but he climbs on top of me and places one hand on my throat and the other on my waist. What the fuck is it with these people and touching my waist? My face goes purple and Reznik finally says something. 

"Alright, alright! That's enough!" She starts to stomp over while shouting about something else. His hand finally releases, and as I start to get up it starts to trail down my body as he smirks. That does it

I bring my knee up and it connects with his jaw, making a satisfying crack. I roll my body forwards and land on my feet. While both his hands aren't guarding his face I punch him. Hard. He springs backwards and I sweep my leg under his feet, sending him flying to the floor with a thump. I bring my boot to his face, once, twice, three times. I bend down and just keep throwing punches and kicks. Anything. Pure hatred just pouring off me. My vision is blurry and all I can hear I the pounding of my boot against his skull.

I feel someone's hands grab me and pull me backward. The last thing I see is Rezniks' smug look before my vision goes out.

------------------------------

Word count: 1355