Chapter -- 6

I woke up at around 2am. Not the best hour to wake up at but whatever. I slowly get out of bed and stealthily grab some clothes, for the sole purpose that I don't want that blond headed bitch to come in, not to wake up my fellow drafted members. I slowly make my way to the bathroom and turn on the light so I an see myself in the mirror. I still have blood on my knuckles and I look like I was crying in my sleep. I don't have much memory from went on but I know most of it.

 I shrug out of my blue jumper and turn to the shower and turn it on, the cold water sending a jolt through my body. Damn I forgot about that. I tilt my head up and run my fingers through my hair letting the water run down my face. Honestly the cold water isn't terrible once you get used to it, and I am way too happy to be showering instead of sleeping. Its much nicer than having a bunch of boys yelling in the other room. Yet my peaceful moment is soon interrupted. 

" Private Viper?" I expect to hear any voice but hers. Teacup stands in the doorway and she immediately looks down to her feet, shifting uncomfortably with the situation.

" Why are you up?" I grab the soap and click the top open, squirting some of the odd colored solution into my hand and setting it down.

" Umm- I just couldn't sleep..." She walk farther in to the wall across from me and slides down it, into a crisscross position with her eyes glues to her feet. I rinse the soap out of my hair and stretch my arm out to support myself against the wall.

" hm, did you need something or-?" 

" I think your really cool for standing up to Flintstone like you did. That asshole deserved it. " I quickly turn the water off spin around to face her, raising my eyebrows in amusement.

" sorry" she mutters as I let out a chuckle.

" No, no, your right. He deserved it. "  I grab my towel and start to dry off before she begins again.

" I wish I could be like you. Your strong and brave, and I know that, from only knowing you for a day. I wish I could stand up to the boys like that. " She starts to fidget with her fingers before saying the last part.

" What do you mean?" I throw my towel into the bin and grab my clean clothes.

" Its mostly Tank, and sometimes Flint if he's desperate. " 

" What are they doing?" My voice is starting to strain and I pull on my pants and top.

" Well, Tank will make weird remarks and comments, and him and Flint usually just harass me, sometimes when I'm showering. I don't wanna tell Zombie because he wont get it. " She looks up and meets my gaze with tears in her eyes. 

" How about this, " I crouch down in front of her to be eye level. " You can shower when I do, and if I catch them harassing you- they'll end up in  Got it? " I force a small smile. Maybe letting Violet come through, just for her, won't be so bad. I don't want her to have to go through anything remotely close to what I did.

She stands up with me and nods. "Thank you!" She then happily skips out of the room. 

I turn around and stare into the mirror. I look nothing like before the waves. My long brown hair has gotten way more frizzy, and bags under my eyes have appeared. My body had slimmed from not eating enough yet I gained more muscle, so it was filled in anyways. Can you blame me though? They serve mystery meat and beans that have defo been through it. 

I splash some water onto my face and I jolt when I see Zombie walk in.

" Sorry. I didn't mean to scare you. " He shifts and leans on the doorframe.

" You didn't scare me I just wasn't expecting it- Wait, how long have you been standing there?" I quickly shake my hands dry and stomp up to him, shoving my finger in his face with a scowl. 

" Umm- like five minutes? " He swipes my hand down but I bring it back up and raise my volume.

"How much did you hear?" 

"Like, all- of- it?" I scratches the back of his neck and frowns.

"What the fuck asshole!? That's a total invasion of privacy! Do you have any common sense?" 

"Yeah I do, and I had to take a leak so I got up and waited for you two. If you'll excuse me now-" He starts to slip past me but I grab his jumper and pull him back.

"Couldn't you have just waited on your bunk or something? Instead of spying on two girls? Wait what did you see?!"

"Woah- woah! Calm down! I didn't see anything." He raises a brow. "Happy? " 

I push past him to my bunk. "Whatever"

------------------------

Word count: 875

Sorry its chaotic, I have had a rough week with school and rehearsals.