Chapter 5.

Ann and Christina went upstairs.

"Well, little lady, shall we begin?"

Ann began to take books out of the girl's backpack and lay them out on a small table, not too low and not too high, just right for the child's comfortable position while studying.

"I don't want to study, better tell me a tale!" Christina asked.

"Well, please..." she added.

"Well, okay, but only one little fairy tale, and then lessons, okay?"

Ann smiled at the girl and began to tell the story. Christina was smiling, and her face expressed happiness and peace.

"A delicious Gingerbread lived in one sweet kingdom. So delicious that it would melt in your mouth as soon as you put it in there. But unfortunately, gingerbread was sad and therefore tasted a little bitter. Therefore, Queen Night Pleasure did not allow him to serve people for the benefit until he was happier. A Gingerbread shed bitter tears and wandered around this and that region in search of his older sister. She disappeared about a year ago, and he wandered, increasingly filled with bitterness. Desperate and having lost all hope of finding her, he decided to go to the Mediterranean Sea and see the sun and beaches for the last time, and then made a promise to himself not to cry anymore and to finally go to the world of people, so that his period of relevance would not expire.

Gingerbread went to the sea. He met a lot of caramel girls, saw a lot of palm trees, many different stalls where his fellow sweets sometimes met, and he asked everyone about his younger sister. But no one had heard anything about her. Gingerbread completely wilted and sat down to rest, and did not notice how he fell asleep. He dreamed that he was sailing on the sea, and there was no end or edge. He alone miraculously survived in the expanses of water, where massive ships sail only occasionally. He woke up from the feeling that someone was lightly touching him, and saw a slender candy on a stick. Our Gingerbread talked to her and found out that she was brought here by accident, but she lives well here. And he stopped worrying.

Gingerbread was delighted, returned to the sweet kingdom, they put it in order, refreshed it, and then it found its owner, a little girl, right?"

With these words, Ann took out a small gingerbread and, smiling, handed it to Christina.

"It's our little secret," she said.

Footsteps were heard. Christina and Ann winked at each other, moved the table closer, and pretended that they were very keen on Christina's lessons. The door swung open sharply, the "miracle" burst in and, like a whirlwind, tried to turn everything around with loud laughter.

"I'll tell grandma that you played, and then you'll both feel bad, especially you!", John pointed his finger at Christina's chest.

Ann, without ceremony, pushed the boy out and placed him right outside the door of the room. John squealed. But Ann sternly told him:

"Grandma won't believe you after everything you've done, even if she loves you very much."

The boy bit his finger and thought. We didn't have to wait long for Grandma Eugena.

"What's going on here?!", her authoritative voice thundered from below, reaching the far corners of the house from the open space. She began to walk up the stairs, holding her long, elegant skirt.

"Grandma, let's play chess!"

John didn't like chess, but it might distract the attentive grandmother, and she wouldn't go any higher to figure out what was going on. He wasn't wrong. He wasn't wrong. The elderly woman immediately accepted the offer, and they went to the practice hall. The grandmother never ceased to be touched by her beloved grandson. And this time Christina was just lucky, and she and Anna put things in order. The evening passed quietly.