17. Helpless animal

Of course there were no more assignments...I bluffed, just so he would hurry up. Besides that lie, Kaiman was quite cheerful, which is giving me the creeps. His moods change so much today, I don't even know who he is in personality. The right home was filled with laughter and stuffed our mouths with the food we had left.

Not aware that we been expected at the rent shop...and it wasn't the owner.

Ebisu and Kikurage had followed my scent all the way to that place, while Fujita just ran passed them a few times, not seeing them behind the cars. It was the moment, where Kaiman didn't look forward, literally driving over the poor boy. Apart from being alive, his fingers got smashed by the wheels, "Not again!" Normally, sorcerers keep a good eye on their fingers. Ebisu saw this, coming over for help. Like Kaiman, he grabbed my bag from the back and threw it over his shoulder, hitting the little girl right on the head. She wasn't out cold, but quite irritated on what just happened. Not hearing any sort of complaint, we got into the office and returned the keys. Once we left the place, a little cat like thing followed me. Kaiman gave this thing a glare, but it didn't back off, "Go away, we have no food!"

"Who are you talking to?"

His gaze was at something on the ground, as I turned around, "Awww, are you cute!"

This little creature with a mask on, leaned it's head sideways, "...Nyaa?...Nyaaa!" (Food? ...Cute!)

"Just leave it there N/A, it is not our business to feed it"

"But Kaiman it looks so adorable. Where is your owner little one?"

"Nyaaa...nya...aaaa" (Like I care...)

For the big guy not a good sign, as I carried the thing in my arms, "You are not serious about this?!"

"Why not? It is alone; we can give it back to its owner."

"What do you mean we? You took that fuzz ball not me."

"Nyaaaaaa!" (Die!)

I couldn't care less, pressing this sweet creature against my chest, picking up my pace. I love animals; I can't just let a defenseless little thing alone on the streets, especially not in Hole. Kaiman didn't seem to trust this creature, while the cat like thing was glaring at him the same way. He could have sworn to have seen this fur ball somewhere, asking Nikaido about it later on.

Back at the rent shop, Ebisu helped out Fujita.

Putting bandages around his fingers, he was crying out loud. The young girl had thought, that he was whining at the pain he felt, but Fujita had far more worries than that, "En's partner is gone...this is very bad!"

"Call En?" The poor sorcerer had almost a heart attack, snitching the phone off Ebisu's hand, "Nooooo!!!!!!!"

If he finds out, they both are done for. They may need someone else to help them out and the boy had an idea, "Ebisu, summon your door...we have to see Noi."

Kaiman had a lot of ways to deal with this cat thing.

The way it was cuddling up in my chest was making him feel annoyed like it was provoking him to be jealous. It didn't even stop at the restaurant. I was cut off guard, as he grabbed this creature on its neck and placing the thing on the ground, "Animals are not allowed in here!"

"Nya!!!!" (No fair!)

"Come on Kaiman, this is Nikaido's place. She decides if it is allowed or not." Kaiman could have sworn that the creature gave him an evil grin, "Nyaa" (Sucker)

Expecting for her to be an animal lover herself, her reaction was far from it. With the bowl of meat she prepared for her next gyoza, she suddenly let it fall to the ground. Her eyes were fixed on the cat thing, while getting pale, "What is this thing doing here?"

"I found it...outside"

Kaiman raised his hands up in defense, "It wasn't my idea."

"Good, N/A take this thing out of my restaurant."

She didn't tell me why, just that I should take it far away from here. Kaiman sees it as simple, grabbing the thing and threw it out the door. From the inside, I could hear it fly, "Nyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa..."

"How can you two be so heartless? It was just hungry."

Nikaido's glare made me shut my mouth, "This thing happens to be owned by the most powerful sorcerer. Do you really think he would just let you life, just because you fed it?" Kaiman tried to cheer me up, taking my hand and place it onto his head, "And besides, there is a lizard here that needs to be fed too." It surprised him, as I pulled my hand away, pointing towards the door, "Animals are not allowed in here." Nikaido joined in the fun, agreeing with me. The lizard guy was outnumbered, in need for more than one plate of food to feel better again. The night, we talked away of what happened, while eating and drinking. Nikaido didn't make enough gyoza for everyone, heading back to her kitchen, "Say N/A, what did the doctor talk to you about...N/A?"

Looking over her shoulder, she could see me...cuddling up to Kaiman, while his head rested on top of mine...slowly snorting together.

"Must have been a rough day for the two" she laughed, getting back to work. But that I brought the cat thing along makes her feel worried. It hasn't been so long that she was the partner of En and it is not like she wants this whole history to repeat itself. The young woman was sure, it was there for her, "I may have to discuss this problem with Asu. He knows what to do."