Chapter 33

Christofers POV

That little kid is constantly in my mind. For some reason he has grown attach to me as well. David seems to avoid me quite a lot. It's been about 4 months living here in Washington and so far I love it. Working with kids makes me very happy. Working with kids was something me and Stephanie shared. She wanted to be a teacher and I wanted to be a pediatrician. I know she finished school to become a teacher but I never found out weather she was a teacher. I'm guessing she is considering how much she liked kids. I miss her so much. The years have past but my love towards her hasn't changed in the slidest.
*
*
*
*
*
*
It was a busy day at the hospital. Apparently there is a virus going around and it's making kids very ill. They are showing signs of vomiting, dizziness, and fever. We are treating them as best as we can. When they're just have vomiting we send them off to their houses with some medicine to help them. But when they come with fever we keep them here until we reduce the fever.

I was in the middle of leaving when tired of the busy day when I see the little man Joshua in the waiting room he instally remembered me and walked towards me. As soon as a carried him I feel his high fever I rush inside and tell the nurse to call in his parents. I didn't wait for them I rush back inside and sit him in the bed check his temperature I instally starts getting fuzzy when I leave him with the nurse. I need to get medication and get suitable to check him since I took off my doctors clothes off since I was planning on going home. When I come back to the room I see Joshua crying in the arms of a pregnant women.

"Hello there Joshua, can I take a look at you buddy?" I was looking at the chart when I lift my head up and see him and his mom then looked back at the chart. I instally noticed who she was I look back at her. Not sure if I saw wrong.

"Stephanie baby?"

"Hi Chris" words can not described what i felt at that moment. Happiness and Sadness were both big understatements but I leave my feelings on the side and put my focus back on Joshua.

"Hey little man. How about you lay down for me? Can you do that for me?" He stops crying and lays down
I start doing my normal check up realized that he also had the virus. I put him under medication and decide to keep him here until the fever is gone.

"Stephanie, can I speak to you?" She nods and walks outside the room behind me.

"Ok what's going on, you married David?"

"Yes about two years ago"

"Ok please tell me you never cheated on me with him."

"Chris, how can you say that I would never. In case you forgot you are the one on top of Emily. " She instally starts crying I feel my heart shattered

"Baby, baby" I reach for her hand but pulls away " I'm so sorry. I regret everything. I tried to give up my old ways so hard but Emily wouldn't take no for an answer. Baby I know you won't ever forgive me nor do I deserve it but believe me when I say that I'm very sorry. I still love you." She didn't replied she kept crying. it didn't help that she was pregnant and her emotions were everywhere. I felt my heart shattered when I noticed she was caring David's baby.

I quickly glance back at Joshua' s birthday and concieved dates."Stephanie, if you didn't cheat on my then that means..." I gasp and instantly fall on my knees. I start panicking and crying "How could you!? How could you keep him from me! I-m--I'm Joshys father!" The nurse runs to me and tells me to keep quiet I gain posture and see Stephanie shacking out of fear, regret, and sadness. "Hun, I'm sorry. I was scared you would reject me and the baby I couldn't go thru another heartbreak." I looked at her and saw sincerity in her eyes. I put this on myself. That day I lost my fiancé and my unborn child.

I walked back inside the room and saw Joshua sleeping in the hospital bed I went to his side and held him in my arms. This was my little boy. This was the baby that I would dream of every night. "I'm so sorry baby. I wasn't there to see your first steps. I wasn't there in your first haircut or even your birthdays. But I'll make sure from now on not to miss more memories. I LOVE YOU son even before I knew you existed." With that I drifted to sleep with my son in my arms
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
"Chris? Chris wake up." I hear a males voice as I woke up with Joshua still asleep in my arms I noticed still fever was gone so I would discharge him soon.

"Chris?" I look at who was saying my name and it was David

"How could you man...." I was going to keep going to he interrupted me

"Chris, let's go and get coffee brother so we can talk, calmly." I nodded and saw Stephanie sit next to Joshua she had her eyes were puffed I'm guessing from crying

When we sat down on the cafeteria I noticed how calm David was. He was always very wise. He inhaled and exhaled then started talking "Chris I'm so sorry. Look I was meant to marry Stephanie. I always loved her" I was going to protest when he said " let me finish brother. Look I know how hurt you are. But I love Stephanie and she learned to love me as well. Brother I'm sick. I've been praying to God for it to be painless and for Stephanie and my kids to have support." I was shocked by his words.

"How bad?"

"Chris, I'm dying."......

Huge twist huh? How do you like this chapter? Please comment and vote. God bless