1. Awkward.

Act; one
May. 7. 1996
Kansas. "June center"

 "June center"

"So Quincy jones is your father?" She asked me as I sat down infront of her with my head bowed down to the floor. "It's say your birth certificate that he is, he signed it right on this."

"Now, Nicole I know you don't want to talk and I know it has been hard for you these past weeks since your mother passed away but I need to know, have you had any contact or any sort of relationship with him?" She had awaiting for me to say something, I could hear the tip of the black pen she was holding tapping on the brown clipboard. It was hurting my fucking ears.

"You can't talk then we'll be stuck here for hours and hours." She made clear as her tone directly became sour to me. I knew Miranda meant all well but it's been 2 days since I said anything of course she would be tired at some point.

"Sam came by, he's a friend of his that decided to contact us after he found out, he's the one that brought me all the information I needed now I need to know something from your point of view . . . Or." She ended by sighing.

"Foster care has fulfilling spots opened. I'm sure you don't want to go through that misery." She folded her lips.

"Sam . . . He told me your parent's backstory. How your mom was pretty respected in the industry, a whore I assume but he described it in the most politest way, it says she slept around with a lot of people to gain a career, even deciding to hop into an affair with your father, sam told me your father wouldn't stop sleeping with your mother even when they got caught twice, said your father was indenial with your mother until she ended up pregnant with you, he told me that Quincy was willing to take his responsibility but backed out when your mother was heavily on drugs after having you and started to put you before their relationship, and of course when Quincy told her he wasn't living his wife." She coldheartedly spewed that off by saying, she read that all from her clipboard as my head slowly raised.

"Your life sucks dear, I'll tell you that, even sucks more when you find out your mother was doing drugs and caught aids from it? Sharing the same needles from junkies is something. . . It's fucking sad."