Time Passes

A year passes. In one year the channel of the SupremeKing grew exponentially, reaching over 1 million followers through the Star Stream. By the time he's hit 1 million, offers for sponsorships and pro gaming teams are flooding in. His channel shows no sign of slowing. He streams most nights, always ending at 2am.

His most popular stream series was one where he accepted viewer challenges for various games and had to complete the challenge on time to receive a coin pay-out. It was KimDokja's idea, that weird man, but it was very popular and helped him grow his channel even faster than his already astronomical growth rate.

KimDokja moderates his chats as often as he can while Uriel helps him, condemning himself to removing every message that was too bad to be acceptable. During the streams, Yoo Joonghyuk rarely interacts with his stream chat. Instead, he has a small box opened up on his second monitor, displaying his private DMs with one user under the name of KimDokja.

[KimDokja: What, are you quitting again?]

Yoo Joonghyuk hums. He hovers over the [Quit Game] button in his current venture.

[KimDokja: You could still bring this back! There's still a lot of options to try! Stop giving up!]

He clicks the button, taking him to the main menu, and starts a new game.

[KimDokja: Ya damn sunfish.]

Yoo Joonghyuk cocks an eyebrow, silently raising a question of what his viewer means. Dokja takes a moment to respond, temporarily distracted with muting and banning an influx of inappropriate comments his new facial expression initiates.

[KimDokja: Remember that game you played a few months ago? Where you were trying to keep that fish, that sunfish, alive? And it was so finicky you had to start over and over and over again to get it *exactly* right?]

Yoo Joonghyuk hums again, indicating that he remembers. To the rest of the world, it would seem as though he is humming in consideration for what he's doing in the game. Only he and the user KimDokja know the true meanings behind these little actions.

[KimDokja: Well, you don't have to use that strategy for like *every game* you know! Ever since then you've defaulted to it more and more.]

"It's a difficult game. Temperamental almost."

[DemonAngel: Having trouble? It must be very difficult then!]

[Lust4King: -Message Deleted by Moderator-]

[DelusionalDemon11: Haha pathetic!]

[contemporary: -Message Deleted by Moderator-]

[contemporary: noooo @KimDokja don't censor my love!]

[[Mod] KimDokja: Sorry @contemporary but that was a bit much you know….]

In their private DMs KimDokja finally sends:

[KimDokja: You're the temperamental one, you sunfish bastard. Now we have to sit through this all over again!]

Yoo Joonghyuk smirks, and KimDokja spends the next ten minutes frantically cleansing the chat.

*

At year two they are both 19 years of age. Yoo Joonghyuk is offered a spot in a highly reputable gaming team. Until now he's done some sponsorships and tournaments, generally avoiding signing onto a full team because it would take too much time away from spending with his sister.

Since six months after the start of his gaming career he had been graduated from high school. He opted not to pursue a college degree unlike Dokja , finding no need in it with such a presently lucrative job already procured. Dokja accused him again of being a bad student. He had immediately retorted that Dokja was the only one who needed the degree to land a job that wasn't working B-shift for a crappy 24/7 convenience store. If one day his activities as a pro gamer dropped off he would go to university on the savings he'd already made, but for now he kept raking in the coins doing a job he rather enjoyed.

His sister was entering middle school now. It filled him with a great sense of both pride and sorrow. Now that she was a bit older, he was considering accepting a prestigious spot on a famous team. She was old enough to attend a few events with him as his guest, or at least to stay with her friends on some nights. He loved spending time with her, and she needed it, but she was becoming antisocial at school, only ever talking about her brother's talents and belittling her peers.

"I don't need them," Yoo Mia said calmly.

Yoo Joonghyuk sighed. "Just try to get along."

"Why should I? I have you."

It would do her some good to spend time with children her own age. Go to some sleepovers, attend kids' parties, and in general learn to stand on her own two feet. She was strong, of this he was certain, but she was too comfortable with Yoo Joonghyuk being the only friendly presence in her life.

His focus was splintered. Too splintered. In retrospect, he knows that now, but hindsight does him no good.

Since joining a high-caliber pro team, his time just wasn't as abundant as it once was. He cuts back on his stream days, drastically. He used to stream nearly every night. Now he was practicing with his team, or prepping things for he and his sister since he no longer had time to do it in the day, and his responsibilities with his sister increased too as he began meeting the parents of her friends, scheduling playtimes and sleepovers, taking her where she needed to be and picking her up after. He doesn't regret helping his sister step out of her comfort zone, if he could go back and remove a responsibility his sister wouldn't be something he cut, but between that and the pro team training him for an increasing number of tournaments, there was no time left in the day.