Chapter 7: Time to say goodbye

Avery pov (1st person)

Time flies when you're enjoying life. This Year was full of making friends, first classes, and of course (who could forget?) a whole lot of bickering between my brother and my best friend. It was a chaotic year, to say the least. Especially towards the end of the year. My brother, Hermione, and Ron got injured Though they're fine now. (thankfully)

It was hard, facing the fact that I'd needed to go back to the Dursleys in a few days. I was slowly packing. Bit by bit. Things I found lying around, things I won't be needing in these last days. Some things, however, I didn't want to pack. It would make leaving feel much more real.

And that is why Pansy, Draco, and I were now running around the dorms and the common room, looking for anything that belonged to me. Pansy was folding clothes like her life depended on it, while I was trying to fit all my books in a somewhat neat fashion. How the hell did I fit all of this in at the start of the year?

When I finally managed to stuff all my books in, I started looking under the beds and covers, just in case I left something laying somewhere random. After making sure there wasn't anything in the dorm, I ran into the bathroom and checked the cabinets. I found my toothbrush lying in a random drawer. Oh, how could I forget my toothbrush! I quickly swiped it up, continuing to look through the remaining compartments.

After I cleared the bathroom, I ran back into our room, where Pansy was trying to fit my folded clothes into my trunk. With my help, we managed to squeeze them in as well as the few knick-knacks I found in the bathroom. We heaved my trunk down into the common room, where Draco was tapping his feet anxiously, with an assortment of my stuff in his hands. With some precise shifting of a few stuff, we finally had finished packing everything.

'We're super late for the feast. Should we even bother going?' Whined Pansy, looking at her pocket watch.

'It's worth a shot.' Shrugged Draco, before gripping our arms, and dragging us out of the common room.

When we arrived at the Great Hall - all of us panting - we could hear the usual chatter of students from inside. We opened the door, and nearly every student looked in our direction. We hurried over to our table, taking our usual places. It seemed that they were currently at dessert.

Pansy, Draco, and I quickly grabbed whatever was in front of us, stuffing the food in our mouths, before we ran out of time. I was near finishing my dessert when it disappeared, and the headmaster stood from his seat, with this, silencing the whole school.

'It has been a fantastic year as always. I am very happy with most of your exam results. Now I know you all can't wait to go to bed for the final time this semester, but I would like to announce the winners of the House-cup. The winner of the House Cup is.....

'Slytherin!'

The whole of Slytherin stood up, cheering, high-fiving, some even hugging. Green bannisters suddenly hung from the ceiling. The cheering was cut short, however, when Dumbledore raised his voice.

'However! I would like to give a few last-minute points that could change the winners. First of all, I would like to award Hermione Granger and Ron Weasley 50 points to Gryffindoor each, for their courage in facing the puzzles in the name of defending the Philosipher's stone. Next, I would like to award Harry Potter 60 points for Gryffindor for defeating Professor Quirrel. And finally, I would like to award Neville Longbottom 10 points for standing up to his friends. It is one thing to stand up to an enemy, but a whole different thing to stand up against a friend. Now I think we need a change of decoration.' And with that, the green decoration was replaced by red, and now instead of the Slytherins, the Gryffindoors were the ones celebrating. But I also noticed that the other houses seemed happy as well. Well, Gryffindor was always the more popular house.