Inspection

The recovery mission began as soon as the members of the justice league saw the coffin. They moved it with the proper equipment to a secure location.

They brought the coffin to an underground bunker owned by Batman for things just like this.

"Should we open it?" The flash asked excitedly peering at each part of it.

"We should wait for Constantine" Bruce interjected.

"No good Bats, afraid Constantine is on a job right now" Red Hood said.

Batman didn't answer. Things were extremely rocky between them. Still, Jason knew he was always welcome to sit at the dinner table with Bruce. He was always welcome back home.

He wished it were that simple. He had too much to deal with and he didn't want to put them at risk. Not with his pit rage ready to flare up at any time.

"We have Superman and Martian Manhunter here with us, as well as me and you three. I feel like this should be enough" Wonder Woman spoke up.

"Should be, but you can never tell" Batman replied coldly.

Jason took a step forward and felt something stir in his chest. At first he ignored it, thinking it was a fluke. Nothing.

But then it happened again.

"We need to open this now"

"What?!" Bruce demanded.

"Listen, the pits are responding to it. It's calm" he said pointing to his chest.

"If it were out for blood I wouldn't be so calm right now"

Bruce began to protest when his conscience shut him up. Trust was part of building a relationship, he need to rebuild one with Jason.

Was he really going to risk it just to gain some points with Jason? He would tell himself no, but the real answer is yes.

Superman and Jason moved to break the chains. They fell off the coffin with a few 'thunks' before landing in a messy pile.

Flash back up, hiding behind an unamused batman.

Jason lifted the lid and gasped stumbling back a step in surprise. The moment lasted a half a second before Jason shoved the lid away and pulled out the teen.

"It's a kid!" He shouted.

Batman was stiff. Who was he?

Jason laid the boy flat on his back. The  voyage must've disturbed his core because Danny was back in human form looking dead.

The black haired teenage boy was haunting to Bruce and Superman. Both of them had children around his age.

"Hey! Wake up! can you hear me?" Jason asked frantic.

The boy didn't wake up.

"What's wrong with him?" Jason asked.

"He's in a coma" Superman stated softly.

Jason's face darkened, "someone put him in a coffin, in the ocean. He's not even dead!" Jason could feel the rise of his pits as the anger started to bubble.

A his fingers brushed Danny's skin he calmed down. Something about the skin to skin contact had some kind of effect on Jason's pot rage

"Let's bring him to the cave and hook him up to the scanners. He needs medical treatment and we are NOT putting him in a hospital" Jason said scooping him up on his arms.

The teenagers lay limp as a wet noodle.

Batman nodded.

When they got back to the cave, Danny was taken to the med room and hooked up to a heart monitoring machine. After a feed scans and tests they realized they would have to use a different approach. Meta equipment.