Seventeen

The morning bugle blared into sharks ear, waking her up instantly. She wished it wasn't so annoying and loud. They really couldn't have picked a better sound to wake them up with?

She stayed in bed even after the bugle was going off, longer than she probably should have. It was enough for squid to notice she was gonna be late.

"Come on shark, we gotta go." He told her, shaking her roughly.

She groaned. "Your gonna have to drag me out of here." She told him, pulling the covers over her head.

He shrugged his shoulders. "Fine, have it your way." He said. he grabbed her legs and started to pull her off the cot, causing her to yelp.

"Fine fine I'm up!" She said, defeatedly. She was glad she decided to get up before squid dragged her on to the floor.

She got up to get her digging clothes. she was able to find her jumpsuit, but she couldn't find her shirt. She sighed in frustration. This caught the attention of zigzag. "What's wrong?" He asked her.

"Laundry hasn't given me my digging shirt back yet." She explained, looking around one more time. She only had one clean-ish shirt left and she wanted to keep that one for relaxing.

"Here." Zigzag said, tossing something her way. It was his gray long sleeved shirt. "Wear that." He told her.

"You sure?" She asked him, making sure it was okay.

He nodded. "Might be a little big, but I think you'll be good." He said.

She smiled. "Thanks zig." She took her sleep shirt off and put on zigs shirt, he was right, it was too big. The sleeves hung off her arms. "Fits perfectly." She joked.

Zigzag admired her well she was in his shirt. She looked cute in it. He was staring for a bit to long before he was snapped out of it by mom yelling outside the tent.

"Rise and shine d tent!" He yelled at the campers.

"Guess we better get going." Shark said, tying her jump suit sleeves around her waist and grabbing her canteen. She quickly put her hair in a messy ponytail before she followed the boys out of the tent to get there breakfast and dig there holes.

-

Half way through the hole digging, mom came by with the water truck and some lunch. Bologna sandwich's and a apple. Same thing everyday. Occasionally there would be a cookie or gram cracker to go along with it, but not today.

Shark was sat on the ground next to zigzag, her body leaned up against his as they shared his apple. Shark always ate her apple first, it was her favorite part of the meal and zigzag knew it, so they always shared his apple.

"Here." He said, after he finished taking a bite and handing it to her. She took it from his hand and took a big bite.

The two just sat there in silence for a little, passing the apple back and fourth until only the core was left.

"Think if I throw this in a hole the lizards will eat it?" Zigzag asked her.

"You could but apples carry no nutritional value to lizards." He explained.

He shrugged, throwing it into an abandoned hole that was now infested with lizards.

Shark looked over at Stanley by the water truck, he was showing mom something that he had found. X ray was the first to make his way over. Soon the rest of the campers followed, including shark and zigzag.

"Stanley, the warden isn't interested in fossils." Mom told Stanley handing him back whatever it was he found.

Stanley took by his discovery disappointedly before squid reached over and grabbed the fossil out of his hand. "Let me see that." He said, examine the rock, shark peered over squids shoulder to get a better look.