Chapter 3: A Nightmare That Couldn't Be Forgotten

5 Years Later...

Andromeda ran her brush through her curly golden locks as she stared with hazel-blue eyes at herself in the mirror wearing a long dark-green dress that showed much of her fragile hourglass shaped body. Laughter and classical music filled the air as it echoed in her room.

A ball settled within the Blair family's biggest manor owned by her grandparents, celebrating the Fire clan's great leaders from past and present and their contributions.

With one last call from the butler, Andromeda rose from her chair and exited carefully. Her heels clanked on the smooth marble floor, her sights gazed down on the well-dressed fancy guests chatting and laughing loudly with the music flowing rhythms. She was met with a few guests bowing their heads as a sign of respect as she descended the stairs. A half-hearted smile plastered her face. Andromeda must at least try to be happy on the outside for once.

But smiling was too hard to be even settled for her, her last truest smile when she was with her father at the great meadows riding in pair on their precious horses. Her father taught her many tricks when it came to being equestrian and she was never been happier. Now it became a living nightmare plus the added situation with her as a Curseling definitely put a railing on her suffering.

"Look, Carlos, it's her..." pointed by the daughter of a Fire general with a boy her age nodded in response. "I heard she's the one who've done it..."

"Yeah, that was awful. Wait 'till you hear about the news of recent politicians that were murdered one by one these following weeks. You don't think she's one of them, right?" He whispered.

"True. But hardly. The assassin who've done those was a Blood Curseling..."

"Yeesh. Don't wanna be near those guys."

They whispered loud enough for Andromeda to hear. She rolled her eyes as she walked past through a narrow split opened wave of collided guests when the music began to play a rich tango tune causing the guests to prance around trying to find suitable partner.

"Can I have this wonderful dance with you, Ms. Blair?"

Andromeda jumped her heart out when her school's heartthrob, Donovan, smiled shyly at her with his arm outstretched.

"Uh..." she accidentally send sparks buzzed in his brain cells, causing him to flinch upon the sudden electric sensation in his head. "N-no...thank you, I'm good," she refused, shoving his hand away before darting off.

The young man stared at her with confusion but she just averted the gaze. She felt numb and dumb at that awkward moment.

"Can I have this dance?"

"Surely."

Andromeda peeked over her shoulder upon Donovan swaying gentle dance paces with her sister Candace. Candace grinned wickedly at her but Andromeda turned around, chin up, because who would dance with some ugly cocky jerk er...jock anyway? Yet alone with offering hand towards a lying witch.

Avoiding much attention...or intention in her case, Andromeda slid swiftly off the glimpses from basically anyone important within the Fire clan's council. She spotted her Granny Stella talking with her best friend, the Fire Duchess. The duchess spotted Andromeda walking away shyly from the crowd which Andromeda noticed and quickly straightened her posture then bowed with a sheepish smile.

The Fire Duchess nodded her head and let her off by gesturing her the okay to go you're excuse. Andromeda nodded then glanced at her grandmother smiling and shaking her head. And she was off the main lobby.