Chapter 157 - Tit For Tat - Part 2

Sun Yanjun's funeral was held grandly. For the sake of Li Xiaoran and General Sun, many dignitaries unexpectedly came. Princess Yongning was the first unexpected guest. Logically speaking, with Sun Yanjun's status, Princess Yongning does not need to visit at all. More than that, even if she sends someone to deliver the condolence, it is already extremely polite. But she had personally come, and no one could figure out what was going on, and they were all stunned.

Princess Yongning came to see Li Wei Yang. She ordered people to complete the funeral ceremony and then asked to see Li Wei Yang.

Li Wei Yang made her wait a full hour before she was willing to meet her, and her face was very cold: "It has been hard for the princess to come here personally. Please have a seat."

Princess Yongning couldn't help but feel a little uneasy when she saw her unkind expression, but she forced herself to act as if nothing had happened and followed her into the flower hall. However, when the maid brought tea, the princess did not drink it, but stared straight at Li Wei Yang.

Li Wei Yang looked at her indifferently and said: "Why does the princess look at me like this?"

Yongning smiled and said: "It's not easy to talk here, let's find another place -"

Li Wei Yang smiled: "Princess, this is the hall where my Li family entertains guests, what can't I say?"

Princess Yongning gritted her teeth and said: "Wei Yang, Grand Prince Yan has not returned yet."

Li Wei Yang raised her eyebrows and said: "Oh, so the princess is not here to express condolences today, but came here for her future husband?"

Yongning's face became a little ugly: "Li Wei Yang, don't pretend to be confused, I'm just -"

Li Wei Yang said calmly: "The princess is just worried that Wei Yang will harm Grand Prince Yan."

Yongning's breathing was a little rapid: "He is the Prince of Yan in Yuexi. If you do anything to him, how will you explain it to Yuexi? Now that the alliance has just been formed, are you going to break the pact?"

Li Wei Yang smiled slightly and said: "Princess, you keep talking about peace talks, but in fact if you really care about the relationship between the two countries, you will not do anything to help Yuan Yu deceive me. This is the real destruction of the peace talks. Therefore, what you are clearly saying is that only the state officials are allowed to set fires and the people are not allowed to light lamps. This is true duplicity."

"Li Wei Yang! You are bold! Do you know that as long as I explain to my father and the Empress Dowager -" Princess Yongning's face was finally extremely anxious.

Li Wei Yang subconsciously turned the tea cup in her hand and said in a very calm tone: "The princess wants to tell them that you did not hesitate to betray Dali for a man, and even deceived me to help avenge him... Oh, I forgot. You must not know that because of this, the Seventh Prince destroyed Yuexi's stronghold in Dali and discovered a group of officials and generals who had leaked Dali intelligence. What do you think, if this matter was revealed to his Majesty and the Empress Dowager, will they think that you betrayed the country for your husband? When the time comes, will they still allow you to marry like this and go to Yuexi?"

Cold sweat broke out on Princess Yongning's forehead. She didn't know that such a thing had happened. She just thought that Yuan Yu wanted to vent his anger on Li Wei Yang. What happened with this so-called stronghold? Could it be that Yuan Yu was really trying to please her just to take advantage of her? Even so, this marriage has become a foregone conclusion, and she doesn't want to be a widow again! She calmed down and her voice became softer: "Wei Yang, you are extremely smart. My seventh brother has praised you many times. I don't want to be your enemy. I just hope that I can marry to Yuexi safely. This is my request. You, let him go!"