Up On The Roof

Dani makes it up to the roof, looking around when she finds Yelena sitting on the ledge. With one of her legs dangling over the side and her back against the wall.

She smiles as she begins to walk over, and the music from The Drifters floats through the air.

Yelena was so into her book that she hadn't noticed her wife standing next to her.

Dani waves her hand in Yelena's sunglasses covered face. She knits her eyebrows, looking up and smiles. Setting her book down and standing up, she pulled Dani in for a hug.

"Hey babe." Dani whispers as she leans in for a kiss.

Yelena smiles against their kiss, "Hey детка."

Resting her forehead on Yelena's, "I got you something."

Dani takes a small step back as she brings the large bouquet out in front of her. Yelena gasps, bringing the roses up to her nose, taking in the subtle scent.

"Baby, they're beautiful. You didn't have to do this." Yelena smiles, looking over the flowers.

"I know I didn't, but I wanted to. I love you so much." Dani says softly.

"I love you too, babe." Yelena says, setting the roses off to the side, pulling Dani into another hug.

"We're going to have to go downstairs in a few for a meeting." Dani sighs nestling her face into Yelena's neck.

Yelena nods and guides Dani over to her little corner. She stretches the blanket across the ground and pats it. Dani walks over, taking her shoes off before stepping onto it.

Yelena lays down and pulls Dani close to her as the sun starts to sneak out from behind the clouds.

The two lay there watching the white puffy clouds fly by in interesting shapes.

Dani rolls onto her side, propping herself up. She smiles to herself, watching Yelena enjoy the peace and quiet.

"Tash mentioned this was your new hiding spot." Dani says softly, brushing Yelena's cheek with her thumb.

"Hmm.. yeah. When I got overwhelmed, I would come up here. Everyone's sympathy irritated me. They all gave up on you." Yelena says, trying to stifle the trembling of her lip. "B-but I knew you wouldn't leave me like that."

Dani takes a sharp breath and exhales. "I'm sorry, babe. They were just trying to help you through what was going on. They were all grieving."

"Not knowing if I'd see your smile or hear your laugh again was agonizing. You are my home, my family. I've got Tasha and Wands, but they could never replace you." Yelena sighed heavily, letting her head drop.

"I-I." Dani says, trying to ease the guilt she was feeling.

"I know I said I was done rushing into things, and I broke that promise. That day in Riga, I just wanted it all to be over with. I-I thought if I just brought her in, then we could get back to us."

"I know. And I wanted that, too. I'm not mad at you. Not anymore." Yelena glances up, nodding with her famous frown as Dani wiped at her eyes to stop the tears from escaping.
"I was so angry at first, but as the last few months went by, I started to understand everything."

"I don't blame you. You had every right to be angry. I know I apologized earlier, but I feel like I need to keep repeating it. To make up for the few months we lost." Dani says, grabbing ahold of Yelena's hand.

"You don't need to. I already said that." Yelena lets out defeated chuckle.

It was the only way Dani knew how to cope, knowing how upset she was.