telling the girls you're dating (jihyo)

The girls were all in the living room, watching a funny movie and eating snacks. This was a time for them to relax after hectic schedules.

Meanwhile, you and Jihyo were in her room, because you had to "talk" to her about something important. Well, that's what you told everyone. In reality, you both were cuddled together, watching your own little movie, which no one was paying attention to anymore because she was on top of you, sharing kisses all over you.

You giggled and held her close, "Someone's going to catch us." Jihyo smiled against your lips and shook her head. "I doubt that. We do this often and no one says a thing." Unfortunately, you both spoke too soon because despite how quiet the movie was playing in the background, you failed to hear the knocking on the door.

The door busted open and you were met with a shocked Nayeon. "How many times do I have to knock before you guys-" She noticed how close you two were and squinted her eyes at you. "What are you both doing?" 

Jihyo scooted off of you quickly and you sat up as well. "Nothing." "Nothing." You simultaneously exclaimed.

"Hm. Well, okay. Anyways, we're ordering food. What do you want?" Nayeon brushed it off and asked. You shrugged while still being obviously red. "Whatever you guys get, I can eat." Jihyo agreed and Nayeon nodded before leaving, "Oh, and come join us whenever you guys are done "chatting," she said with a smirk.

With the shut of the door, you both were silent upon being almost caught by the most drama inducing person in the group.

"I can't believe that just happened. Jihyo!" You said with a whine. "Baby, calm down," Jihyo replied with a laugh, "She didn't see anything. Even if she did, she wouldn't believe it." You looked away and sighed. "Do you think we should tell them? It's been a couple months and I don't like lying to them..." You sadly spoke. It was Jihyo's turn to sigh now, knowing you were right. "It's just scary. We don't know how they're going to react and what if it messes up our group dynamic as friends?"

You shrugged and leaned back against the headboard. "Whatever happens, I think they would be supportive. I really think we should just tell them. This incident of us almost getting caught happens way too much! Last week, Chaeyoung wanted to borrow my charger and we were, you know," you coughed slightly, "Anyways, it was a good thing she didn't come in quick like Nayeon did, or else we wouldn't have been able to put our shirts back on that fast."

Jihyo started blushing and knew you were right. "You have a point. I guess it wouldn't be so terrible if we told them tonight during dinner." You gave her a loving smile and leaned in share a kiss.

While you two conversed on how to tell everyone the news, Nayeon had to share her recent discovery to the rest of the girls.

"I swear guys! They were kissing. I know what I saw," Nayeon sat with her arms crossed on the couch. "Are you sure? Yeah, Y/N and Jihyo are close, but I don't think they would date," Dahyun exclaimed. "Yes, I'm sure! I can't be the only one who noticed those two sneaking around alone all the time." "She has a point. Jihyo would always excuse herself and Y/N would do the same a couple of minutes later. They always came back together and they seemed...happier," Mina noticed. "Huh? Really? Am I the only one who hasn't seen this happening?" Momo questioned. Now that they all think of it, except for Momo, you both have been really secretive recently and always act so shy around each other.

"Well, what are we supposed to do about it? Confront them? What if we're wrong?" Jeongyeon asked. The girls shrugged and couldn't decide on what to do. As everyone started listing ideas, the doorbell rang and their food had arrived. 

You and Jihyo walked out of her room and joined the rest of the girls at the dining room table. "Hey guys! Why are you all so quiet?"

They all blinked in silence until Nayeon cleared her throat before speaking up, "Y/N, Jihyo, we need to talk." You looked at Jihyo before sharing a confused look at everyone. "About?" "You two! Is there something going on that we don't know? And be honest." "Uh, between me and Jihyo?" You nervously asked. "Like in what way?" "Like dating. A couple. In a relationship." 

Jeongyeon scoffed at Nayeon for being so abrupt, "Nayeon, stop interrogating them. If they have something to say, I trust that they would tell us." Everyone agreed, nodding their head while they ate. "And if something is going on, we wouldn't see you both any differently."

Jihyo took a deep breath before placing a hand over yours that rested on the table. "Okay. You're all right, then. Me and Y/N are together. We have been for a couple of months now." You smiled, trying to hide the nerves, "Yeah, and we wanted to tell you guys, really, but we were just scared that you wouldn't accept us, or maybe even get mad at us. Honestly, it was hard trying to hide it for so long. We're sorry..."

A moment of silence was heard throughout the room. The girls had their suspicions, but they never thought it would be real. That didn't mean they didn't care, though. They still loved you both the same and were even more supportive of the two of you than ever.

"Okay," Tzuyu said, suddenly. "I knew it!" Chaeyoung yelled out. "I wish I bet on this. I would've gotten so much money," Sana exclaimed. "If it makes you feel any better, I never saw this coming," Momo blatantly said.

Hearing the girls shout out their responses and their "I told you so!" made you and Jihyo feel like nothing had changed. They joked around with each other and laughed as if you hadn't just told them the truth.

"Guys, we wouldn't have been mad if you told us at the start. We're not mad now! If anything, we're just upset because you hid it for so long," Nayeon smiled. "We support you both and your relationship. In our eyes, you haven't changed at all."

You smiled at her and stood up to give her a hug. 

"I love you all, thank you for being so understanding." "Yeah, same here." You and Jihyo said to everyone while sharing a reassuring look.

"Aw, you two are so cute. But I would appreciate it if next time you guys do anything, to lock the door. I beg of you," Chaeyoung said with a pout.

You laughed and sat back down to finish your dinner while Jihyo laid her hand on your leg under the table. You two finally told your group, and they still love you both the same.