Chapter 32

Goals: 34 votes, 20 comments

I stare at Zayn, intensely. He is at the front of the room with his head held high. His voice booms though the air and everyone else in the room focuses on him. He looks comfortable and everyone else looks intimidated. He is really good at this.

I divert my stare when he looks at me. After our argument this morning Zayn has barely looked at me or said a word to me all morning. I've been the complete opposite in terms of looking. I can't help but stare at his perfectly sculptured face. It's not only easy on the eyes, but I'm trying to read him. Figure out what he is thinking and feeling.

I should probably give up on trying to figure him out. Zayn is as closed off as anyone can be. But I can't, I don't know what it is about him. He just leaves me wanting more and knowing more. Its really a big contrast from when I first met him. I wanted nothing to do with him and couldn't wait to escape him back then.

Now everything is different. Sure he still annoys me and god knows he is still a bossy asshole, but now there is so much more to him. He let more of him show through in the past week than in the two and half months I've known him. And I think that's why I've become so infatuated with him.

He is suddenly Zayn Malik, twenty two year old gang leader and one of the youngest, most successful business man. Not Zayn Malik, the sexist, rude, and haughty young man. Also, now beyond his rudeness and possesiveness is playful and caring Zayn. The Zayn I'd do anything to see and be around.

"Zayn," the door to the conference opens. A tall man walks in and I have to take a double look at him. He looks so similar to Zayn, just an older and tanner version. I look back at Zayn who stands there frozen and off guard. What the heck is happening?

"Everyone out." Zayn orders everyone once he recovers from his state of shock. No one thinks twice before collecting their things and filing out, including me. "Not you Toots," Zayn says, just as I'm about to walk out.

"Oh," I mumble and walk over to Zayn. He looks tense and his eyes are dark. I decide to do something to help him relax but I don't know how to do that. So I gather all the courage I can muster up and grab his hand. He is stiff at first be soon relaxes his hand in mine.

"What are you doing here?" Zayn asks, venom dripping through his words.

"I came to see you," the man answers.

"Well I don't want to see you, so fuck off," Zayn spits.

The man laughs before speaking, "Now Zayn, that's no way to talk to your father, is it?" My eyes widen at this. Zayn told me his father died and I don't know why he would lie about this.

"Oh?" Zayn scoffs. "You think I actually give a shit who you are? You're nothing, but scum and will never be anything close to a father."

"Well," the man says. "I just came by to see how you're running everything and to let you know your mother and I are back together." Zayn's hand squeezes mine tightly at the mention of his mother. "They've all forgiven me Zayn. I'd advise you to do the same."

"You son of a bitch," Zayn snaps at him. The man ignores Zayn comments and his eyes land on mine. He smiles a little and looks down at Zayn and mine intertwined hands.

"I'm Yaser," he tells me and hold his hand out for me to shake. "And you are?"

I stare down at his hand and Zayn lightly pulls me closer to him. I'm sure he doesn't even want me to speak to Yaser. "Madison." I answer, but don't shake his hand.

"Well nice to meet you Madison," he retract his hand, not in the slightest looking affected that I didn't shake it. "And Zayn, might as well get use to me being around again. We're all staying in London for a while. I'm sure your sisters and mum would love to see you."