𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚂𝚒𝚡

TW: Brief mention of implied abuse, section marked with (!!) and (**) at the start and end, if it's something that makes you uncomfortable to read.

  Bonnie was sitting on one of the more dry rocks he'd found alongside the peaceful brook of water. One that he and his friends often sat at whenever spending time together, just the four of them. As was the plan that afternoon, though the bunny had managed to arrive before the others. Of course, with the water from the brook, the rocks weren't usually dried off. But, seeing as Chica was usually the one to ensure a picnic blanket for everyone to sit on, he'd managed with a mostly dry rock.

He had been keeping his legs up from out of the water, while he simply watched the water stream by. Being alone with his thoughts as he waited for his friends to join him, allowed Bonnie a chance to think back over what few memories from his childhood he could remember. He couldn't help but try thinking of only the ones which made him smile.

• • •

"Watch your feet," The little bunny promptly pulled his feet up onto the rock, hearing his mother suddenly gasping a little. "The water's cold, don't want you gettin' sick, baby." He looked up towards his mother, who was now smirking. She reached a hand over, tussling the tuft of fur on the top of his head. "No, you don't. 'S no fun gettin' sick, hm?"

"Nuh-uh!" Her son answered, before he stood up on the rock. "Oh, careful, Bonnie-!" She watched him easily jump off the rock, heading over to plant himself in her lap. His mother spared him no second before she was wrapping her arms around her son in a hug. The little bunny giggled, his nose barely poking out above her arms. "Love ya!" She told him, kissing him on the top of the head. "Love'a!"

• • •

"Hey!" Bonnie blinked. Looking over his shoulder, he saw his friends finally joining him. Chica was already laying out the blanket, with Foxy catching the opposite corner to make sure it was set down flat over the ground. Bonnie stood up, heading to sit on the blanket with the others. "Hey, guys."

"We's didn't keep ya's waitin' too long, did we, matey?" Foxy wondered. Bonnie shook his head 'no'. "Nope, just got here before the rest of you." He answered with a shrug. "Left your guitar at home?" Freddy asked next, quite obviously noticing the instrument to not be anywhere in sight. "Yup... didn't quite feel like bringing it, I guess." Bonnie replied.

There was a brief few seconds of awkward silence that came over the four, filled only by the sounds of the closeby brook. The three could tell Bonnie was the one seeming most awkward, even with their meetup being arranged as just a normal hang out. As normal as they'd been in the past. Though, there must've been an unspoken agreement that it wasn't exactly like that this time.

"So, Freddy," Bonnie began, wanting to try breaking the awkwardness. "Anything new come up about your family?" Freddy gave the bunny a curious look. "Y'all're lookin' for you grandpa, right?" The bear nodded. "Nothing so far. Mom's already pulled out all the photo albums she managed to save, all that did was show us pictures of him and our aunt. Py shared what he could to help, but we're kind of at a dead end right now..." He explained, not seeming at all disheartened.

"We're just hoping him and our aunt were just hiding good enough for humans to leave them alone, but for them also to have not heard about what's happening at the same time." Bonnie hummed. "So, they's really jus' wen't off th' grid, Cap'n?" Foxy asked curiously. Freddy nodded. "According to Mom, that sounds about right." The bunny and the fox both exchanged brief looks of intrigue at hearing that.

"It really is going to take a while for everyone to reunite with their families..." Chica noted, the prospect alone seeming to intimidate her, in a sense. "Aye," Foxy agreed. "Definitely... though, I can't think of many other family I have to track down." Bonnie confessed, taking a second to think about it. He shook his head 'no'. "I don't think my Mama had many relatives... I barely even remember havin' grandparents."