𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚎𝚗

Autumn had been getting noticeably colder, especially so in the mornings. Bernadette found herself tugging on her sweater she'd put on that morning, adjusting it on her shoulders as the house felt a bit cooler. Hopefully the warm tea she was making would help her warm up a bit. The kettle came to a boil, after a couple short minutes, just as Francine returned to the kitchen again—seeing her mother preparing two cups with tea.

"Oh, tea, that's definitely what we need." Ette let out a small laugh, while pouring the hot water. "Anywho," Francine made her way to her mother's side. She made a gesture, showing the envelope she'd "stolen" just the afternoon before that was in her grasp. "This goes back behind the photo of your family on the bandstand, right?" Bernadette paused. She glanced at the envelope. "Yes, that's the one. It's in the mahogany photobook."

"I remember." Francine confirmed, leaving the kitchen and returning into the living room. Bernadette watched her daughter as she went across the foyer, setting her crutches aside a moment to pick out the photobook from the shelf. The bear was sporting a puzzle expression, though finished with the tea.

Picking the two mugs up, Bernadette, too, crossed the foyer to bring the cups into the living room. She set them down on coasters atop the coffee table. "What exactly did you need the envelope for, Flo?" Bernadette wondered, sitting on the couch. Francine gave her mother a teasing smirk, and shrugged. "You'll see, don't worry." She answered, tucking the envelope away safely. She then placed the book back where it had been sitting on the shelf.

With the envelope now put away, Francine joined her mother for the warm tea that had been prepared. Picking up her cup, she said, "Once I've finished my tea, I'm going to meet up with Freddy and Fredbear." Bernadette nodded, as she took a bit of a long sip of her tea. Pondering something. "Does it have to do with why you borrowed the envelope?" Flo gave a half convincing nod, holding up her cup to drink from. "It does... and I'll tell you more about it later."

"Oh, alright, then." Bernadette answered with a smile, giving a small shake of her head. Francine giggled a little, teasingly shrugging off her mother's curiosity.

——— ✧ ———

"You want to go where?" The three siblings had met up together on a bench in the park, preferably one closer to a bus stop to avoid walking any long distance on a chillier, autumn day. Both Freddy and Gold seemed to be sporting the same confused looks. "Visit the bed and breakfast where Grandad and Aunt Thea had stayed at when the letter had been sent." Francine repeated. Her brothers exchanged looks with one another.

Freddy was the first to start with the questions the two of them now had upon hearing their sister's idea. "Why, exactly? I mean, didn't you just explain to us how Mom said she's sent them a letter already?" Francine nodded. "How would going there help?" Anticipating the question, Francine promptly went on with an explanation. "Because when it's a letter, it could be written by anyone. But if we go to the bed and breakfast in person, maybe we'd be able to get more answers."

"Probably," Freddy hummed. "Is the place even still open?" Her brother next questioned next "It is, actually. I did a bit of research on the place, since Aunt Thea's letter has the address on the envelope." Francine took out a folded piece of paper from her jacket pocket, handing it to Gold. The oldest bear unfolded it, both he and Freddy reading over the information she'd copied down. "It's even owned by the same people. Their website prides itself on bein' a family run business"

Gold hummed, intrigued at hearing that. It had him considering Francine's idea more seriously now. Afterall, it wasn't that crazy of an idea. "It's north from here, almost three hours by bus." Freddy said. Gold and Francine noticed he'd looked the place up. "That isn't that bad of a trip to make." Francine's smile grew. "It sure isn't. So? What do you guys think of my little plan?"