𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙴𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝

Since Silas had returned to the Sanctuary on his own, arriving in a taxi without Freddy, Gus had stayed a bit longer than he had originally been meant to. Wanting only to be sure the old bunny didn't need anything, as the bear had seemed to pick up on an oddly tense air about him upon his return. BonBon had given his own guess that maybe something had happened in town to sour the bunny's mood. Gus seemed to agree, but opted to not try guessing any further as to the reason—seeing as it wasn't exactly much of their own business.

Before finally leaving the Sanctuary with his friend, Gus decided to simply be sure Silas would be alright for the rest of the evening. The bear made his way to the upper floor, walking down the hall to the room Silas was in. The door was closed, and no light was turned on inside. Gus could tell as much from the lack of any from beneath the door.

Knocking softly a couple of times, Gus first waited to see if Silas would say something. When he was met with only silence, Gus spoke up instead. "I'm leaving, but I was just making sure you're okay." No reply. "You'll be alright, then?" Another beat of silence, this time followed by, "Y'can go... 's all'right...." Gus hummed. "Okay... Goodnight."

Being given no word of "goodnight" in reply, Gus simply turned to walk back down the hallway and to the stairwell. He made his way back to the desk, to give BonBon a hand to his shoulder. "Cya, Helpy. Goodnight." Gus said to the small bear, both he and BonBon waving goodbye. Helpy waved in return, smiling.

Just as he exited the building, Gus felt his cellphone buzz. He briefly checked its display, seeing a text from Fritz. The fox merely checking in with him. The bear sent his twin a quick reply, as he and BonBon finally headed home for the rest of the evening.

——— ✧ ———

The weekend had started off with an unexpected rainfall, resulting in everybody remaining indoors as they went about their business. It was supposed to be a warm, fall day, and the Minireenas had all wanted to go out and play in the leaves that were to be raked. Like they would always do whenever they saw their dad heading for the backyard to get the rake from its spot on the deck.

With their original plans ruined by the rain, the sisters' next plan was to simply sit by a window, waiting to see if the rain would let up or not. However, their second plan didn't exactly last all too long before they'd been spotted at the window by their grandfather. He proposed a different way to spend their afternoon, the idea being quickly approved by the girls.

Returning to the house, grocery bags in hand, Puppet and Ballora both walked past the living room on their way to setting the bags down on the dining table. Puppet made his way into the other room without stopping. Ballora, on the other hand, paused before she could make it pass the living room altogether.

She looked over, and saw Py on the couch, with his granddaughters sitting with him—listening to whatever it was he seemed to be recounting with clear curiosity. "Was she pretty, Grandpa?" Rosette asked. There was something bittersweet in the way Py smiled at her question. "Yes... your grandmother was pretty. Practically to match how kind a soul she was." Ballora smiled, catching up with Puppet with the rest of the grocery bags. He'd already begun taking food items out to put them away when she set them on the table.

Puppet finally paused on his way to the fridge, stopping from putting the carton of juice inside. "And I can just imagine how she would've loved you girls." Ballora noticed how her husband had heard what his father said, and gently took the carton from him to put it away. Puppet looked back at her, just as Ballora nodded for him to go listen in.

Mina scooted closer towards Py, garnering his attention so she could ask another question. "Does you have a picture of Grandma?" Py hummed. "I'm sure I must... there's still a small suitcase of my belongings I've yet to unpack, I'll need to look in there." He answered her. "Cans we help you look?" Tina wondered. Py shook his head 'no'. "I appreciate the offer, but that's alright, Tina." His granddaughter shrugged, humming an 'okay'.