I'm Tired of Lovin' from Afar

"Your personality is your best part, Min. You just told me you were going to use your night off to make a meal for Felix because he's missing Australian food. You've always struggled with self-esteem, but honestly, Min, you're one of the nicest guys I know. You're like my little brother."

Minho opened his mouth to say thanks, but Seojun interrupted him. "I'll always be here for you, Minho. I would never leave you. Never." 

Minho smiled, a warmth spreading over him. "Thanks. Honestly, Seojun, it means a lot to me. And I'll always be here for you too." It felt weird saying those words, something inside of the dancer thought that he'd never actually be able to say it aloud, but here he was, saying it to Seojun. 

Seojun's smile vanished though, a shadow falling over his face. It contorted his features, making him appear like those wiggly mirrors in fun houses. Minho was taken aback - was it normal to look like that? He wasn't sure. Part of him thought it was normal, another small part thought this wasn't real. But Seojun stared at him, face continuing to darken. "Really, Minho? You'll always be here for me? Well, where are you right now? Where are you, Minho? Are you really here with me?" 

"Yes. Of course." Minho whispered; it looked like Seojun's face was so shadowed he was turning black like he himself was the shadow. It was terrifying to watch, and Minho wanted to turn and leave - this isn't what Seojun looks like - but the dancer found himself stuck in the passenger's seat unable to move a muscle. He looked down and found that there wasn't anything holding him in place, he was just stuck. He couldn't move. What was happening? 

"Seojun?" He glanced back at his manager, his friend, his brother, but nearly screamed at the sight. It wasn't a shadow that was falling over him now, it was blood. He was covered head to toe in crimson, staring at Minho like he was the one who put him in that situation. "Seojun... what's going on?" 

"Where are you, Minho? You said you'd be here with me. Where are you?" 

"I'm... I'm here." He gulped. 

"No, you're not." His friend whispered and suddenly there was a blinding white light overcoming his vision. He wasn't sure how he knew, but somehow through the light he could imagine the image of his bloodied manager twisted into a nauseating knot over the dashboard. The image was so real, so vivid. The strange fun house mirror effect didn't affect this image of his manager covered in blood and pinned between the dashboard and the door.

Minho screamed, thrashing to get away from the terror of seeing his manager in that position. He couldn't move though, and he couldn't figure out why. It was terrifying. He was dying. He was dying and so was Seojun and he said he'd be there for him, but he couldn't move, he couldn't go help him. 

"HYUNG! GET IN HERE NOW!" 

The voice was like the hammer that shattered this strange alternate reality. Minho's eyes shot open to find strange dark surroundings. Where was he? Where was Seojun? The blood. There was so much blood. So much terror, so much pain. What was happening? 

"Hyung, it's okay." The voice didn't make it sound like it was okay. It made it sound like the world was ending and he was the cause. It sounded terrified. 

Minho kicked and thrashed at the thing holding his feet in place. It was pinning him down, and something was wrapped tightly around his chest, squeezing until it hurt to breathe. He kicked and grunted, trying to vocalize to whoever was nearby that he needed help getting free. 

"Shh, shh, Lino, you're okay." A blurry face came into view above him, but it was so dark and this reality was so foreign that Minho couldn't distinguish who it was. Panic flared inside of him, and he thrashed harder, trying to free himself from the wreckage pinning him in place. "Lino, bud, look at me. I promise you're okay."