Wicked Games: Chapter Ten

It was yet another night of lazily lounging on the couch. You and Ghost had established some kind of routine that consisted of eating together and watching TV until one of you, usually you, would fall asleep on the couch, resulting in the other, usually Ghost, kicking you awake.

Ghost was busy with his laptop, like always, and you were mindlessly scrolling through Instagram when a post from your ex caught your eye. He was throwing a party for his birthday in a club he only knew because you had shown it to him. The audacity. No wonder he was your ex. Normally you wouldn't give a single shit, but you were bored to death and Ghost was so careless around you for the past few days that you were sure he wouldn't even notice it when you snuck out. Well, at least not until you were far enough away.

"Gonna go to bed, I'm really tired. Maybe I'm coming down with a cold," you said quietly as you got up from the couch.

Ghost just nodded in your direction, mumbling something that sounded like 'night' as you walked away.

"Goodnight," you yelled back towards the living room, softly closing your door before you began to get ready. Putting on a full face of make-up, doing your hair, and picking out a dress that was far from appropriate while you waited for your Uber. You specifically ordered a Tesla to make sure that Ghost wouldn't hear the sounds of a running engine.

You bit down on the straps of your stilettos, a small purse tucked under your arm, as you climbed down from your window with the precision of someone who had done that way too many times already. It must have been quite the sight for the driver that was waiting for you in your driveway.

You smiled to yourself on the way to the club, even though you felt a tiny bit of remorse for lying to Ghost and going out behind his back. Usually, you never felt bad about lying to the bodyguards and never cared if you were allowed to go out or not. Well, not until Ghost came along.

The music was blasting out of the speakers as you entered the fancy club, one that you had visited often back when your father wasn't as strict. So frequently that not only the bouncer but also the bartenders knew your name. Everyone was surprised to see you again after you hadn't been around for almost a year, handing you free shots and cocktails. The booze and the bass that vibrated through your body quickly made you forget about Ghost and your remorse.

After a while, you walked over to the group of girls that gathered around your ex. You knew them, but calling them friends would be an exaggeration. Exchanging fake 'oooh, your dress is so pretty', 'missed you so much' and 'we should go out more often'-s like a stuck record. Their fake friendliness was almost palpable, and you hated to admit it, but watching James Bond with Ghost on the couch right now sounded a bit more enjoyable. But maybe you were just getting old.

You decided to shove those thoughts aside. Right now, you were here, and you would enjoy that evening. Downing a few more shots, grinning whenever your ex shot you a dirty look. Maybe it was the booze, maybe it was the fact that it had been so long since you were out partying. Whatever it was, it resulted in you ending up on one of the pole dance stages, having a damn fun evening. After dancing for a while, you felt the need for another cocktail, so you got down from the stage, supported by two guys who looked like they could be fun to take home. Not that you could take anyone home, Ghost would probably kill them if he found out.

You made your way over to the bar, where the bartender was already busy preparing your Gin Tonic. Being a regular certainly had its perks. You downed half of your drink before you placed it behind the counter so that the bartenders could make sure that no one was spiking your drink, another privilege you had at that club. The group of girls you knew were already on the dance floor, so you decided to join them.