𝟎𝟎𝟏, 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖻𝗈𝗒 𝗂𝗇 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗂𝖼𝖾

ᵃᶜᵗ ᵒⁿᵉ┊͙✧˖*°࿐𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖻𝗈𝗒 𝗂𝗇 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗂𝖼𝖾

☽𖤓

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫 lapping against the ice had always served as a calming agent in soothing Touka's mind that always seemed to be everywhere and nowhere at once. Water was an extension of herself, a way to connect to the earth in ways most could never even imagine.

She could feel each wave, every vibration, each and every movement moved through her like it did the water. Closing her icy blue eyes, and taking slow, calming breaths helped her form a closer and quick connection.

Learning to disconnect was the first way she truly mastered waterbending. Removing herself from the rest of the world while she solely focused on the water and its energy flowing through her was something she was good at.

At least she was when she wasn't surrounded by her siblings who argued over the simplest of things. Sokka being the main problem as he provoked Katara without even realizing he was doing it.

Most of the time anyway.

The sound of her younger brother's voice broke her through her wall of concentration making her eyebrow twitch but she continued to keep her eyes closed while sitting on the floor of the canoe.

"It's not getting away from me this time." Sokka's voice captured her attention once more making Touka's nose scrunch, leaving a wrinkle between her eyebrows. "Watch and learn ladies, this is how you catch a fish."

Touka couldn't help the small quirk on her lips given that they had all been out on the water for quite a few hours and he still had not caught anything despite Touka offering to help. The boy had simply brushed her off saying it was the 'man's' job to catch the food, to which both girls rolled their eyes.

The white-haired teen peeked her eye open when she felt eyes on her catching Katara looking at her with an exasperated look before she looked over the boat. Touka had taught her plenty of times how to catch fish using their waterbending instead of spears, the technique proving to be far more reliable. However, the young girl was still a little rusty with her form more often than not losing the fish before it was placed in the basket.

Slowly she removed one of her gloves and placed it aside, pulling her mouth into a grimace awaiting her own failure as she began to pull the water around the fish creating an orb of water that floated up and out. Touka watched with a small impressed smile while Katara maintained form and kept the fish contained.

"Sokka look!" Katara attempted to get their brother's attention but he waved her off continuing to keep his gaze on the water below.