Riegel Canyon

28 years after the death of Hummel the Hero, in the fortress city of Waal, located in Riegel Canyon in the central lands.

Guard 1: There is monster activity in the northern lands. At this time no one can pass through the checkpoint.

Fern: Well, What time can we? It has to open some day

Guard 1: Dose it? It hasn't since I was very first posted here. After all no people out means no monsters in.

Y/n: "Just say your a coward"

Guard 2: Pardon me, the gastalen would like to see you sir.

Guard 1: Be right there. Listen closely adventurous, you would be wise not to cause any trouble in this town.

The guard gets up and walks away. They begin walking through the town.

Fern: That wasn't a very warm welcome.

Frieren: He's a good guard he wants to keep his people safe. He's appropriately harsh on outsiders. As every town guard outa be in my opinion.

Y/n: They could at least try and fight back against the monsters.

Frieren: And lose lives. For a fight they know they can't win.

Y/n: All of these people will die anyway sometime soon might as well die fighting so the next generation doesn't live in fear.

Frieren:But from what we can see they are living pretty peacefully.

Y/n: Yeah, Cause they are wanting for someone else to clean up that fucking mess of monsters on the other side of the wall. I must say humans and demons both have grown weak and complacent over the years.

Frieren and Y/n keeps going back and forth with each other.

Stark: 'Are they arguing or having a conversation?'

Fern: 'I have no idea.'

Frieren then stops and turns to Stark and Fern.

Frieren: Speaking of safety. This city seems to have it in spades.

Y/n rolls his eyes at that.

Frieren: Just a positive of being stuck here. This is the perfect to slowdown and study our craft. Once we drop off our things the Magic shops are all mine.

Y/n: No wonder why you are so comfortable. You just want to go shopping for more weird spells

Frieren: Of course. Besides we could use the break.

All there of them just stare blankly at Frieren.

Frieren: Come now the checkpoint is locked tight we have no other choice.