Chapter 4

For ten months the trio of Mina, Damian, and Ruby trained for the UA entrance exams, when Damian was a kid he dreamed of getting into UA with Izumi, Katsumi, and Shoko, when he was diagnosed quirkless he felt that dream slowly die, it was only his adopted sister and two friends that kept the dream alive for as long as possible, always promising that as they got older they'd help him train his body to fight even without a quirk, it wasn't till the day Katsuki and Shoto killed him, that his dream seemingly died as well.

But there were still times when Damian still felt like he wanted to be a hero, he lied to himself often, saying the only reason he saved Ruby was because he thought she was attractive, or he only saved Mina because he thought she'd be useful, but they were all lies, he saved them because it was the right thing to do, it's what hero would have done.

Whether the  son of Dracula liked it or not, he still wanted to be a hero, even though now he was a monster, and he fucking loved being a monster.

"Sometimes the world doesn't need a hero, it needs monsters," Damian said to himself the night before the UA entrance exams.

The day of the exams Damian, Mina, and Ruby arrived at UA, "it's kind of hard to believe I'm here, but not with Shoko, Katsumi, and Izumi," Damian thought before heading inside, passing by his adopted sister and old friends.

Damian and his two partners took their seats in the auditorium to listen to Present Mic telling them about.

Then some annoying guy with blue hair stood up, apparently he wanted to know if one of the faux villains was a mistake, if he was smart, he would have waited for Mic to explain before interrupting, "hey moron," Damian said to the boy with glasses.

"Excuse me, are you talking to me?" he asked.

"Shut up and sit down," Damian said his eyes glowing red, the other boys eyes briefly also turned red and he sat down.

"Is it wise to be using your powers?" Ruby whispered.

"He was annoying me," Damian said.

"Now as I was saying before being interrupted, the fourth villain is worth zero points, it's just an obstacle we'll be throwing in your way, there's one in every battle center, think of it as a hurdle you should try to avoid," said Present Mic.

Damian thought about what Mic was saying, "Something we should try to avoid, that doesn't  seem right, Villains take on giant monsters, and evil villains all the time, I've very rarely seen them run, the only time that would happen is if the villain was too powerful, or no one had a quirk that could handle it, so they just wait for All Might to brute force his way through," Damian thought to himself.

"What does he mean by no point, the point of heroism is to save lives, therefore there's always a point to stopping villains, even if the odds are stacked against you," Damian thought to himself.

"As General Napoleon Bonaparte once laid down, A true hero is one who overcomes life's misfortunes, mm-hm, now that's a tasty sound bite, you ready to go beyond, let's here a plus ultra," shouted Present Mic.

Damian looked at his paper he was going to Battlefield B, "here we go," Damian said to himself.

Damian was brought to Battlefield B and he looked around, spotting Izumi right away, he saw the idiot he had to shut up in the auditorium, they were the only ones he recognized, Ruby was apparently in field C, and Mina if field D.

"Hey Mathias," said Izumi.

"Hey Izumi," Damian said.

"So are you nervous?" asked Izumi.

"Not gonna lie, yeah a little bit," said Damian.

"Same, my brother and I dreamed of this day our whole lives, today is the start to my journey of making it a reality," said Izumi.

"Good luck Izumi, I know your brothers rooting for you," Damian said with a smile.

"You to Mathias," said Izumi, the exam was started and they ran inside Damian took to the roof tops, Damian found a three pointer robot, and he dropped down on it punching right through it and pulling out it's main components.

A two pointer tried sneaking up on him, he made a blade around his arm made from shadow matter and sliced it in half.

Damian spent five minutes building up his villain points as far up as he felt necessary, "ok by my count that's eighty points, let's check on Izumi," said Damian as he perched on a roof and saw Izumi lifting two robots with telekinesis and smashed them together.

Izumi grabbed her head and Damians vampiric vision spotted blood dripping from her nose, Damian felt the ground shaking and he saw a massive robot, the zero pointer, "wait a minute 0 pointer, 0 P, OP, Nezu you insane genius," Damian said.

"Guess I get to try out that Dracul form now," Damian said with a sadistic smirk.

Damian was about summon his shadows and blood to him and transform into a dragon when he saw Izumi run forward, she jumped up and she was surrounded by some kind of energy, it wasn't her telekinesis Damian could tell that much, but he didn't know what it was, she punched the robot completly smashing it to bits shocking Damian, as that strength reminded him of All Might.

"What the hell," Damian said, but the he noticed that Izumi was falling and not slowing down he then saw both her legs and her right arm flailing about uselessly Damian made wings of shadow matter and flew catching Izumi as he landed coating his legs in shadow matter to absorb the fall.

"Hey, you ok?" Damian asked Izumi.

"Yeah, I'm fine," Izumi said smiling through the pain.

"You idiot, what have you done to yourself," Damian thought as he looked over Izumi's body seeing her arm was red and bruised all the way to her elbow joint, which told him it was completly broken, and he suspected the same thing of her legs, Izumi passed out in his arms as the exam was ended, recovery girl then came in.

"I'll handle her from here sonny," said an elderly woman, Damian set Izumi onto a stretcher and she was taken away to be healed.

Damian went home and he waited for the results of the exams, there was a knock on the door and Damian went to get it, he found three envelopes with his, Ruby, and Minas names.

"Girls it's time," said Damian holding out the envelopes.

They opened them and out came some kind of hologram projector, they turned on, it was the usual standard fare from All Might himself, it showed that Damian was top student with 80 combat points, and 50 rescue points, Mina and Ruby hugged Damian in congratulations Mina kissing his cheek.

"Congratulations, Mathias Corvinus, Mina Ashido, Ruby Rose, welcome to the hero academia, Damian felt the crimson tears falling down from his eyes, something he thought long dead in him, was seemingly coming back to him.

That dream of being a hero never died, it was just buried under years of sadness, rage, and darkness.

Damian swore to himself, he'll hold onto his dream, tightly this time, he'll never let it go, yes he was a monster now and forever, but he was going to be the monster who helped and saved others from worse monsters.

"Master, are you crying?" asked Ruby.

"Yes Ruby, because I'm happy, when I was young, this was all I ever wanted," said Damian not hiding it from his fledgling.

"Damian, how much of this is just a job to you, and how much of this is you wanting to fulfil your dream?" asked Mina.

"When mum told me I was coming to Japan I refused, I didn't want to be near the people who killed me, but now that I'm here, despite all the demands I made of my mother, I realize deep down I always wanted to come back, so I could be a hero," said Damian.

"You'll be great  master," said Ruby, Mina nodding, both of them knew he might act like a monster, but somewhere in there, there was still a decent person, who was only vicious and sadistic to his enemies.