one

it's the semi-finals of the women's world cup, matildas vs lionesses, england vs australia, and logan just can't seem to take her eyes away from the field. it's the 36th minute and her united teammate makes a break, going for the goal and ella toone scores. 1-0 to england.

it isn't until half time that logan gets subbed on, but she's ready to win and change australian sporting history further than they already had. in the 53rd minute ellie passes it up to mini, who passes it through to logan and she doesn't know where to pass so she shoots, and she scored a worldie from outside the box. logan runs to an open space and slides blowing a kiss to sky for her mother, a smile beaming from her face.

she screams as sam scores a goal in the 63rd. undoubtedly upset when lauren hemp scores in the 71st. she plays as hard and as powerful as she can but it's not enough, the alessia scores in the 86th. the matildas knew they needed to come back but as overtime was running their hope was following, until final whistle blew. logan stood for a few moments taking in the stadium around her.

kyra walked over to her breaking the trance she was in. "you played so well, your mum would be proud of you, luca is proud of you and even though leo has no idea what's going on, he's definitely proud of you".

tears rolled down logan's cheeks, "you really have a way with words, kyra" she couldn't help but giggle, "do you want to walk around the stadium with me and leo?"

she side hugged logan, "i would want nothing more" she sighed "this means we have to go back to separate clubs even sooner, unless you join arsenal" kyra smirked at the end hoping that logan would eventually budge.

"let's just go get my son and enjoy the rest of the night" logan was waiting for a hug from her favourite person.

as they reached the bench her brother walked with leo down the tunnel, using his pass to get past security. she hugged her brother first, luca repeatedly saying how proud he was, until she finally got the hug she was looking for. leo was wearing a baby matildas jersey with clay on the back as well as the number 17. she grinned kissing his cheek, holding him in her arms as she walked back out onto the pitch to go cheer up her teammates.

leo gave tony a fist bump on the way out. as she was talking to rass, tooney and less came up behind her. "it's my main lad, leo" tooney yelled, scaring me and hayley.

"no ones your main lad tooney, especially not this guy, he actually told me that i'm better than you at football before the game" i cheekily smiled, i looked over at less and saw she had a small smile on her face.

"he told you that, did he?" ella laughed, "can he even speak?"

"of course he can speak you idiot, he's two not a baby" hayley giggled before walking over to ellie. for some reason ella took that as her queue and just walked away.

"good game lessi, you played well" logan didn't know what else to say.

"thanks, you too" she looked down shyly, "can i ask you something?"

"sure"

"will you please think about moving to arsenal?" alessia confidently spoke.

"oh uh" logan was cut off by everyone calling her name, "i've got to go, i'll think about it" she smiled, telling leo to wave goodbye.

logan gave leo back to her brother and joined the matildas in the group heart they created. sam and tony the said a speech, many tears were shed but every single person on the team were ecstatic from the fact that although they may not have won, the changed women's football in australia for good.