005.

005, THE THIRD MEETING.

"There's something in the air... something that tells me a new case is brewing."

"Or maybe it's just a new cup of coffee!"

━━▲━━

  Early mornings aren't exactly Name's forte. Waking up early is one thing, but staying awake? That's a struggle even the greatest criminal in Teyvat can agree with. While they could spend their entire morning grumbling and complaining about some new government scheme they planned to overthrow, Name thinks that it would be better to relax and enjoy the feeling of a rather nonchalant crowd in a cozy cafe nearby; which was what they were doing.

"Enjoy your cup of latte, ma'am!"

  But who said that taking a break meant anything but this?

  A smile on their face as they bid the happy customer goodbye, adjusting their (rather adorable) apron and returning to the counter, ready to receive another customer. The cafe was rather empty, with only a few regulars and the mentally exhausted lounging around, hoping to cram another assignment in the next hour or so.

  Name sighed fondly at the scene. There was nothing better than watching people suffer in silence as they ingested another heavy dose of poison into their system.

  ...Which was a rather strange way to say watching people go through their daily life and drinking coffee, but sure. Potato, potato, right?

  The quiet jingle of the bell above the glass door alerted Name from their thoughts, their eyes glancing at the newcomer they could potentially start a cafe romance with. The books they had borrowed from a certain fox already plaguing their mind— Name remembered giggling over the romantic scenes like a highschooler in love, excitedly rolling around their bed to the point of falling out of it with a painful thud— and it certainly didn't help that the newcomer was a familiar face, one that had piqued their interest since their first meeting.

  It's like fate really wants them to be together, huh?

  His dark highlight framing his face so perfectly; light olive green eyes quiet with a shining determination underneath it. The world seemed to stop the moment their eyes landed upon his figure, breath holding as he slowly closed the distance between them, the soft piano playing from the speakers deaf to their ears; the only music existing was the rhythmic thumpings of their heart. When he orders his drink, they'll secretly sneak in their number on his cup; his eyes twinkling with amusement as he reads the note, and their conversations continue even after closing time. He visits them everyday during work and they'll overcome all challenges together, and when the time is right, they finally—

  "Hi, can I have a —" Their eyes locked. Name was rather offended by the expression that appeared on Heizou's face, but they would be lying if they weren't surprised at how fast one could go from tired to surprised, confused, then to alarm, and finally, disbelief. The last time this happened was when they told Xiao they could definitely cook, only to fail miserably later. It was like they had watched him undergo five stages of grief in the span of a second,  and it seemed that he still hadn't accepted reality, probably wondering if he was currently having hallucinations due to a (unlikely) poisoned cup of coffee he had earlier.

  "May I take your order, sir?" Name asked, flashing their signature customer service smile. A job is a job, and they take their current one quite seriously; Name is a strong supporter of separating their private life and their work life, after all.