Chapter 2/ Kicks. Part 1

Notes: Lilith isn't kicking yet. Crowley worries as to why.

Tw:
-Teeth rotting cuteness
-Crowleys worried about miscarriage and overthinking
-Mpreg(? Does masc presenting celestial beings with uterus's count as mpreg?)
-Maggie and Nina think Aziraphale is a Transman (Which "Makes a lot of sense" according to Nina)
-Mentions of slight transphobia
-You've been warned <3

Spread your wings-Queen

Before Lilith was born.

About 6 months (or 22 weeks) along.

9:25 in the morning.

Recently with the whole 'Growing a literal child' thing, The bookshop owner had been sleeping more than he ever has in his entire life, but that was expected. On the contrary, Crowley had been sleeping a lot less.

Watching over him during some nights. The only downside to watching a sleeping angel was waking a sleeping angel. A pregnant sleeping angel at that.

It was almost 9:30 and seeing as it was almost time to open the shop, might as well get up its keeper. Standing by the door, for a few moments he admired the way the sun shone over the beautiful curves in the blanket. The nest of birds outside their window chirping in song.

Said angel was curled up happy as a budgie in a pool of millet, surrounded in a nest of blankets. That's the other downside. Angels, Unlike demons, who were assigned an animal (usually a "pest") almost always had birdlike tendencies. And we all have experienced what happens when you walk by a mother goose's clutch. They tended to get a wee bit... protective.*

Thankfully though, His soulmate was more like a domesticated pigeon. As much as he claimed he was more like a dove or a swan, He was most definitely neither. His partner prefered much more domestic living but a menace to society if messed with or tried. Resistant and clever as ever too. It's part of the reason Crowley only worried half the amount he usually would with this pregnancy.

The happy, patterned cooes (apparently caused by lung compression when snoring) made when curling up was enough to make the demon's day, so it was a shame he had to wake him from such slumber. For such a big man he sure liked to curl into a tight refined ball when 'resting his eyes'. Especially if his wings were out to wrap around himself. An extra layer of cozy protection.

Softly knocking on the door, He stood there, knowing better than to just walk over. No.. Not yet. See, Aziraphale has always been easy to spook. But that's what happens when you marry someone who slithers around. Walking around the bookshop with barely a sound. Being a demon on top of all that left him smelling a strong sense of 'spookiness.'

Now, I know what you're thinking. 'But Aziraphale has been smelling Crowley for years, why would he be scared of him? Wouldn't he recognize it by now?'

Why yes my dears, but that's the thing with pregnancy. Enhanced senses kept mothers safe. He couldn't just smell his demon. He could smell all demons and or "spooky" underworld creatures within a mile radius.

In all directions for that entire mile he smelt every demon, fiend, or dark energy. It was something learned very early on during the pregnancy and it took the angel a few moments to narrow down where said scents were coming from.

The pigeon man in question stirred just slightly, Whimpering and rolled over, Away from the sun's excruciatingly bright light. It was April so the sun was something they rarely saw apart from the constant drizzle.

You know what humans say. "April showers bring may flowers"

Crowley, Who was wearing a (stolen) brown patterned, knitted sweater, A pink shirt that said "Girl dad" with 'girl' X'ed out and 'princess' with a picture of a crown drawn underneath instead.