𝑴𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒍𝒚

The rest of the residents had left the hotel, Charlie and Vaggie on a date while Cherri, Angel, Husker, and Nifty all went to a club, hoping it would go better than last time. In doing that, they left Alastor, Lucifer and... the egg bois alone in the hotel.

Alastor would never admit it, but he actually quite enjoyed the company of the little eggs that ran around the hotel, always saying something odd like meeting martians and conspiracies about bank accounts.

I'm starting to see a pattern in these chapters, but disregarding the authors comments, Al was in the kitchen, making another batch of jambalaya because why the hell not, and was about to put the shrimp in the oven for some extra crisp, when a strong sweet scent made him freeze. Did he stress bake again? No, he would've taken whatever was in there out already. Besides, he doesn't bake with apples- wait, apples? Finally taking a look at what the hell was in the oven, he realized Lucifer definitely baked this. An apple pie, somehow formed in the shape of a duck.

"What's that, mr. mom-man?" one of the eggs asked, a yellow 17 painted on his back.

"It seems I was not the only one with the idea to make food tonight. Nothing that matters, dear." Alastor responded, about to go back to making his dish, when he remembered how forgetful the king of hell is. How long has this been in the oven? Quickly stabbing it with a fork, Al determined that the pie had been in the oven long enough, in fact of it stayed any longer it may burn.

Carefully, Alastor took the pie out of the oven and set it near the open window. Then, paying no more attention to it, the sinner put the shrimp into the oven.

"Can we eat this, mister mom-man?" another one of the eggs piped up, standing on his tiptoes to look and point at the pie.

"You'd have to ask Lucifer, darling. I did not bake that." Alastor answered, taking a look at the rice cooking on the stovetop.

"Okay, mister mom-man!" the five or so egg bois waddled off, on their way to find out which room the king of hell resides in.

"Stay safe and have fun, dearies!" Alastor called back cheerfully, assuming his little eggs were on their way on another 'adventure' around the hotel. 'Perhaps they'll fight a dragon today.' Al thought with a chuckle.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lucifer got up from his chair, taking a look back at the ducks on his desk before opening the door, wondering who was knocking at this time.

And out of all people, he was not expecting to be met with the egg bois.

"Mister king-man?" One of the eggs, this one having a 37 on his back, started, to which Lucifer gave a hum of acknowledgement. "We were wondering if we could have some of the pie you made?"

"My pie?" Lucifer echoed, confused, until it hit him, "My pie!" he shouted, rushing down the stairs.

"...Was that a yes?" 37 asked, holding up a pointer finger.

"Was that a no?" 17 muttered, pushing his brother's hand down.

"Was that a maybe?" an egg with a 2 questioned.

"Can we roll down the stairs!?" a different egg called 22 requested, putting his hands up excitedly.

Another egg, this one named 12, put his brothers hands down, "Mister mom-man says that's bad for our shells."

"Aw..." 22 pouted.

"Mister mom-man is making us food, it's okay!" 12 comforted, patting 22's back softly.

"I love mom's food!" 22 cheered.

"Then let's go." 17 said, gesturing to the stairs.

Then, immediately, 22 rolled down the stairs, 12 sighed but went after him, 17 rushed behind his brethren, 2 calmly walked down the steps, and 37 kept pace with 2.