CH 2: THE HUNT

・・・・・・・・・・・・・・

Have you no shame?

Fuck no.

What about Jungwon? Nah.

Both of you have a pep in your step by the next Friday, waiting for the museum to close so Jungwon can walk home with you and get all dressed up and ready for another fall into the infamous "after life".

"We should try to stay until closing, maybe Jay will bring us home this time." Jungwon wiggles his eyebrows as you put his eyeliner on for him again.

"We're gonna have to look real good then, yeah?" You smile at his pretty smeared eyes, reaching your hand up and ruffling his hair.

And you do. Both of you dress up in the darkest, blackest, sexiest fit you can find in your closet. Jungwon is sporting one of your pretty, sheer lace undershirts beneath his own unbuttoned black cardigan, pants tight and low on his waist.

You, with another semi-transparent shirt. Sheer, showing all the goods if you hadn't put on a nice fitting bralette under it. Cute skirt that shows your thighs, the stompers, of course.

And the finishing touch this time? Matching chokers.

"Cute." You comment, leaning forward and popping a minty kiss to the tip of Jungwon's nose.

"You too." He smiles, pinching your waist before turning to face your vanity mirror and checking himself out.

Cute is right. Jay's probably gonna fall to the floor when he gets a look at the two of you.

And, well. The night is a blur.

Jay does, in fact, eye the two of you with that sharp smirk like he did last weekend but you, unfortunately, drink far too much yet again.

Jungwon slowed down a bit towards midnight but he kept an eye on you for the most part. Trying to secure the ride for both of you by orbiting around the bar and making flirty talk with both bartenders when time allowed it.

You stayed on the dance floor through it. Sometimes dancing with Jungwon when he comes up behind you with clingy hands and updates on the Jay situation, but after a few songs he'd wander off again.

It's nice, kind of. Having someone with you that can maintain control through your own drunken stupidity. You don't mind dancing alone, after all, you're not entirely alone giving the pretty men and girls who come by to dance with you every other song when Jungwon isn't around.

And of course, around the same time as last time, you find your mind feeling suffocated by the time the club is at capacity.

You sway on the dance floor in search of Jungwon, unsure of which way the bar is because your eyes simply can't adjust to the darkness and flashing lights by this point.

Dimples. You need to find the sunshine face in this void of darkness.

And you search.

And search.

Until you're stumbling out the front doors alone, knowing that if Jungwon is looking for you, he'll probably know you stepped out to breathe at some point.

Just like the week before, the crip summer air outside instantly settles your stomach and breathing comes easier. You feel more sober than you thought you were as you sit here, making small talk with the bouncer who finally introduces himself to you.

"That's a good name for a big goth teddy bear." You mock the man. "Balor."

"In the flesh." The man waves you off.