CH 6: THE PASSING ・𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐀𝐋𝐄・

・・・・・・・・・・・・・・

Ah, to think it's over.

To think he'd leave you be? To think he wouldn't be looming around every corner watching, waiting? If it weren't for Jungwon, these weeks wouldn't have passed so easily for you, that much is certain.

As if they were easy for you to get through at all. Jungwon, the very person who got you through it, was the reason he stayed away, the reason you were able to heal.

Jungwon was the ward.

Was.

Deep in your sleep it's like your body knows. The same scent fills your nose just seconds after your sleep brain feels the goosebumps spread across your skin. Instantly, you wake up and back to insanity you go

You truly wake up.

Your legs aren't being carried by any force other than you own, and your mind is crisp and clear in your thoughts as you jump out of bed.

Not walking, running to your apartment door. You swing open the door and don't even look at him before slamming your entire weight against his chest and clinging like a lost child. You can feel the familiar cold fear filling your body, knowing that if he truly wanted to, he could kill you right now.

All of the progress you made burns away within seconds. You've never felt so elated to ruin your own life.

Even when he pushes you away, nothing at this moment could make you let him go. He's here, he's standing right there. Your fingers grip as he pushes you back in silence, stretching his garment out far beyond the bounds of which it was sewn to withstand. It rips, and still he shoves you further back from him all while stalking forward.

Walking you back into your apartment, just to let the door slam behind him as he stands with a narrowed gaze fixated on you.

You glance up at him only for a moment, loving the crazed look in his eye. Adoring that he must have missed you to appear so full of life like this. You can only compare his eyes now to the same eyes you saw when you ran away from him.

As if they were burning on you. Or perhaps, for you?

He's dangerous, your body feels it instantly and all you can do is lean into it.

"That's all it took for you to leave me?" Sunghoon bellows out in a spiteful voice, the sound sending pleasant shivers down your spine. "Had your blood boiling over some minx? I told you I didn't want you witnessing it."

You soak in his voice like it's your last supper, missing it so badly, adoring it even more. He speaks as if weeks haven't passed, as if it's a mere hour after you ran from him. You move forward to cling again, unable to think of words to say and opting to show how much you regret leaving through your actions.

Still, he pushes you away from him. A bit harder this time, to the point you almost topple over onto your back. You keep your balance only because it feels like you're fucking floating just looking at him right now.

"I tried to pull you back to me, why did you fight it so hard?" He continues to fuss, as if he's been thinking over and over again about all the words he wants to spit at you. Like he's punishing you, and yet still struggling himself not to cling back. "Never has your aroma been so empty, so faint."

You're in shock but your body yearns for him, thankful to go back to square one. Like you're special. Like you meant something enough to him that he's here looking like he may give you what you've wanted all along.