Perfect

One of the things I absolutely despised in middle school was being called perfect. Many would probably ask now 'Huh why? It's a nice thing to say' but I hated it. Being called perfect while not being perfect was frustrating.

Let me explain further. Imagine being the best in class. Dosen't sound bad, right? Well if there weren't so many people who act like you're some kind of super genius that isn't capable of making mistakes it probably would be great. But no. Everytime someone is better than you at an exam or test they would be like 'Omg, I'm better than you.' In my opinion it was unnecessary and if the same sentence was repeated over and over again it would slowly but surely would burn everyone's nerves.

I didn't know if it was out of envy or just for the sake to have something to brag abou, but in middle school it frustrated me to no end. Especially two of my former classmates .

My only intent in high school was to not be at the top of the class. At all costs. My ambition was clearly struggling with that thought but it was better than that what happened in middle school. Maybe I was just being dumb and oversensitive but I didn't want to feel the same things as in middle school. Besides I wouldn't have the intelligence of being the best in class in the famous tokyo metropolitan advanced nurturing high school.

The tokyo metropolitan advanced nurturing high school was a rather strict school. The school dosen't hold back as long as the wished results, that the employment and the college entry chance were boast to the maximum, would be achieved. 
Nobody was allowed to leave the campus unless there was a special occasions. All students also weren't allowed to communicate with their family, friends or any other type of outsiders. According to the director it would distract students from learning and slow down the progress of becoming a perfect worker for the government. Well that's what my sister Hanami told me. 

She graduated from there three years ago. Much to our parents displease she didn't choose to work in the government like they wanted her to. She bought herself a small restaurant, which now sold italian food. 

"Kamiko Ogawa listen." my mother huffed. Her frown was clearly visible and I remembered why I got lost in thoughts and forgot to focus on lecture, that was so unnecessary that it made my head hurt. Hanami was clearly struggling to not roll her eyes at them. "It's important for you," I was convinced she meant herself and my father, "To get a good and well paid position in the government. Your sister couldn't achieve such a simple thing but your father and I are convinced that you can do it."

The silence in the car was loud. My sister stopped to resist the urge to roll her eyes as she mumbled a few words under her breath. A sigh slipped through my lips as I placed my headphones on my head. The expectations of our parents always were pretty high. They always wanted us to do our best. Which was pretty annoying at times and also the reason why my ambition sometimes had some unhealthy traits. Maybe the rule which forbidden to have contact with my family wasn't that bad. Of course I loved them but sometimes they could be a bit too much. I looked down on me.

The school uniform that I wore consisted of a white dress shirt and a red blazer. The white skirt was way too short and I hoped that we would at least get to wear longer skirt or pants in winter. The black socks reached a little over my knees and the brown shoes had the perfect size. The bow-tie was burgundy. The school uniform was just like any other school uniform. Nothing special. Not a delicate sign, expect the school logo, which showed that I would go to a elite school. Not that I complain or anything.

-----------------------------------------

Hanami hugged me as she leaned closer to my ear and whispered "Good luck, Miko." The corners of my mouth curved upwards a bit. She had began to call me Miko since she was twelve and I six. My father sighs as he looked at his watch in stress (probably looking how long it would take for the bus to come) before he pulled Hanami back.