Chapter 36: You're My Angel

*DOMINIK

I groan, stretching a bit while also staying in the position of big spoon, with Kacha curled up into me. Butterflies flow through my whole body just from her leaning into me. As I come to my senses, I notice Kacha's not wearing any pants. She's in her underwear and one of my shirts.

I scan the room for anything to remind me of how we ended up here. Her bra hangs on one of my dresser knobs with the rest of her clothes nearby. A towel is sprawled on the floor and Kacha's hair is damp.

Last night I remember letting her take a shower when she insisted she wanted to sleep in my bed. Which I'm not opposed to. Especially because she would be extremely paranoid sleeping alone in a house like this. However, I don't know when my shorts came off of her.

I watch her body move up and down as she breathes. She's so peaceful. Everything in me wants to squeeze her tight, but I don't risk waking her and ruining her peace. Although, that doesn't stop me from playing with her hair.

I push her hair back, revealing her neck. She stirs and I apologize internally, cursing at myself for disturbing her. I slowly kiss her shoulder which is exposed from the huge shirt on her. She doesn't react so I continue. Little kisses here and there so I know I've shown her physical affection. It's my love language but when I'm trying not to seem like a creep, I can't really show her exactly how much she means to me. Maybe I still am a creep because I'm kissing her in her sleep.

"Princess?" I lightly tap her shoulder.

"What."

"You okay baby?" She's almost always grumpy in the mornings.

She groans, turning her body to face me, "No."

"What can I do to help?" Instinctively, I brush her hair away and hold her cheek with my palm, "Hm? Maybe some coffee?"

"Ew."

"Breakfast?"

"I'm not hungry."

"But you will-"

"Shhhhhh. Sleep," Kacha reaches her hands out to shut me up but instead just holds my face for a few minutes.

As she falls back asleep, I take her hand and move it down to my lips, kissing her palm. She makes a noise and I continue, kissing every fingertip, every knuckle. Kacha's hand squeezes around mine, causing me to stop.

"Too much?" I wonder, hoping she says no.

"I'd rather you kiss my face..." Kacha's eyes open for the first time and all of a sudden she's awake, "I mean- that's not at all what I was thinking! I was having a dream and what you said confused me-"

I lift her face up to look at me and whisper, "I know what you meant."

"No you don't," She denies but then our eyes meet and she goes, "What do you think I meant?"

I inch closer to her when she backs away, "I'm not gonna hurt you."

"I know... I'm just not sure what you're doing."

"I'm doing what you asked."

"Isn't that weird? Kissing me?"

"I wouldn't kiss you on the lips," Her expression changes, "I'm not your boyfriend."

"Right... so what are you doing?"

"Kissing the rest of your face," I bring my lips to her cheek and kiss it, "Because friends do that."

"I've kissed your cheek before," Kacha agrees.

"Sometimes friends kiss each other's noses. To show their appreciation for them," I explain while pecking her nose.