Chapter 6

....on"
....joon"

"Namjoon"

Namjoon began to awake slowly as he was being jostled by his mother. When his eyes finally adjusted to the warm sunlight beaming on his face, he saw his mother looming over him. She looked happy as usual with a neat grin, she had her cooking apron on and a wooden spoon in her hand.

"Were you up late last night? You usually don't sleep in this long", she questioned, namjoon sat upright rubbing his eyes. He sat still for a moment processing the question his mother had just asked, he could feel her unrest and concern, the floor board creaking when she shifted her weight from one leg to the other awaiting a response,"honey?"she called

"Yes mom I'm okay, I just stayed up late reading", he watched as the relief softened her features once more,"I guess I was so interested in what I was reading I lost track of time, sorry." Namjoon scratched the nape of his neck, he made a note to go to sleep on time tonight as to not worry his mother again.

"Well good that you're finally awake, you should hurry and shower your father will be home from his trip soon!", and just like that she was out the door humming a tune as she made her way back to the kitchen. Namjoon let out a heavy sigh pushing himself off of his bed, trudging to his closet, picking out a nice outfit and heading to his bathroom.

Does namjoon love his dad? Of course he does but his father is not a man of many words, well of words that aren't about his business. And trust me his business is just about all he ever talks about and when we get on the topic of business we end up talking about me taking over the business, it all so draining. All namjoon wanted was to is perfect for his parents, but even so he isn't looking forward to what life will be like after college.

The warm water melted his bones, namjoon rested his temple on the shower wall hot water fell down his back, he wish he could stay in this comforting gentle steam and water forever. He turned the water off once all the soap was washed off. The lanky man dried off his body, blow dried his damp brunette hair, brushing his teeth and finally finishing his routine by putting on his clothes. Namjoon wiped the steam off the mirror staring into it, he smiled widely before letting his lips falter. He once again let out a sigh,  turning to the door he open it allowing the pent up steam escape into his bed room, the cool breeze from his room hit his face, he wishes he could skip breakfast.

"Joon! Are you coming down!" He heard his mother bellowing at the foot of the stairs, he poked his head out the door screaming back a reply.

"Yes mom I'm on my way down!" Just as he was about to sink back into his room for a much needed pep talk, the front door literally burst open his dad came pouring into the living room. He was loud, throwing down bags on the floor, kissing his wife many times over. Namjoon's dad took off his suit jacket placing it over the back of his chair, he sat down quickly watching as his loving wife dressed up the table with the various dishes she made.

Namjoon gulped hard, he couldn't avoid this now so he straightened his collar and took a deep breath. He walked out his room and made his way down the stairs, slapping a wide smile as he went to sit down beside his mother. "Good morning dad, how was the business trip?", namjoon starts his father's eyes sparkled with excitement, he began to stuff his face politely somehow talking about all kinds of things.

"You know maybe I should bring you along one of these days," that was a terrible idea namjoon thought to himself but continued to smile and nod," Nothing wrong with some early experience, college will go by in a flash you know." He pointed at his son sternly as if he didn't already know. As if he wasn't already dreading graduation. "It's honestly a shame you didn't pick to major in business, what was it you picked again?" Namjoon stiffened, his smile faltered slightly at the question.