1.

It had been a couple of days now that my parents left me and my sister Evelyn unsupervised in our house by the beach. They had urgent business to attend to in the city and Evelyn had practically begged Mom and Dad to let us finish the rest of the summer at the house. By us, she did not mean her and I, but rather her and her current boyfriend, Turner.

My sister was well-known if school. Not only for her looks but for her track record when it came to dating. She dated for status, while I on the other hand dated for love, or I would, when my luck finally came around and I found my second half.

Evelyn entered the cabin soaked after a dip in the sea. She wore a bright red bikini that wrapped around the waist and connected to her top. She was one of the most beautiful girls I had ever met, of course, I would never tell her that. Her hair was dark, like the night, and her lips were plumped and her cheeks were always blushed with a beautiful light pink tone.

Turner came behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist, filling her with kisses from neck up. My sister looked annoyed or rather bored at his actions.

"Not now Turner", she whined, "Autumn is watching."

"You make me sound like a creep", I replied.

"That's because you are", she retorted. "C'mon, let's go upstairs.". Turner followed without hesitation, but before they both disappeared up the stairs, he looked back and mouthed "I'm sorry". Out of all of her boyfriends, Turner was the nicest. He tried to include me in their activities and usually apologized when my sister was being a dick, but I was used to it, and even though his actions showed his warm heart, I couldn't care less about what my sister said.

__________

The morning sun filtered through the curtains casting a warm glow over Evelyn's room. I observed silently as my sister hurriedly prepared for the day ahead. This was her Senior Year of College and as a way to commemorate she decided to throw a party, without parental supervision of course. Evelyn plucked up a mini skirt from the pile of clothes she had on the floor.

"Mom and Dad would not be happy with this", I commented, appearing from behind her door.

"They won't find out", she replied, "Because if you tell, I will make your sophomore year a living hell."

"I was already expecting the...", before I could finish my sentence a shoe flew in my direction.

"Get out!", she screamed with another shoe already in hand.

"I guess I have a call to make", I said picking up my phone ready to run out of the room as soon as I could. As expected, Evelyn rushed to remove my phone from my hands, scared I would call our parents.

"Autumn, come back here your little rat," I could hear Evelyn's steps as she rushed behind me attempting to catch up. I walked quicker, picking up an apple as I passed by the kitchen on the way to the front door. As I headed outside our neighbor's kid, Roman Montgomery, was making his way out as well. Our eyes locked for a few seconds before I looked away. Roman had a well-known reputation, he was our town's bad boy. The tattoos covered most of his left arm and chest. His caramel-toned hair was always a bit messy and his wardrobe mainly consisted of black leather jackets. Since I was three years old, I was cursed with his presence. Our parents were the best of friends. Our moms had met in High School and had promised each other to raise their kids right next to each other.

Roman was popular at school, everyone knew him, all the girls wanted him and all the boys wanted to be him. He had a subtle air of defiance that would always get him in trouble. Since he was eight, he would pick a fight with anyone who ever looked at anyone he was near the wrong way. We've spent every single break together in the vacation homes our families bought, and neighbored to each other.