36.

DISCLAIMER FOR FUTURE READERS: This is not a real chapter! This was an April Fools prank I did, but it is no longer April Fools so to prevent confusion I am warning you beforehand. Please disregard this chapter's events in the storyline of this fic. I wanted to preserve the comments and the experience of reading this at a certain point in the book as a pose to archiving it in Moonbeam, so here you go. Enjoy? I guess?

Allknowing

I wake up in a large hall in a castle I don't recognize: the walls are black, the floor a checkerboard of black and white. There's no door on either side.

I look around me, and find a lot of dragons I wish I didn't see: Clearsight, for one (what is she doing here, why hasn't she died already), her little boy toy husband and their three--oh, it's four now--brats. Then there's Gaze–my least favourite student, back when I taught seer training–and Sharp-eyes, my other least favourite student. After all my years of teaching Pyrhhia's young impressionable minds from the goodness of my heart, it's really so hard to choose.

There's a gaggle of IceWings and SandWings I don't recognize and don't care to get to know.

"Hello, handsome," one of the SandWings says. He has the word Prince tattooed on his face and is wearing a bunch of very tacky jewelry. New money. Ugh. I would never, I think, glancing down at my own stacks of jewels.

"Hey there, I haven't met you before," the IceWing says. "I'm Flurry. I think your tattoo is super cool."

"Aw, thanks. The name's Dragonfly. Say, what are you doing this far away from the Ice Kingdom?"

"Hello everyone," Sharp-eyes says, his voice echoing throughout the hall. "Thank you for being here today. You've all been gathered here today because I'm sick of how long this book is getting. We're going to work out every existing plotline and end this book right here, right now, today, or so help me moons. I'm tired of waiting for Wattpad user dragonwritesthings to update! I don't care she's in university and it takes her a long time to edit the chapters, I want to know how this war ends! So I've decided to take matters into my own talons. There's too many characters in this godforsaken book, for one. I don't care about you, Gaze!"

"Hey!" Gaze says. "I'm not a side character! I haven't been a side character since Waves of Ice! I even get my own chapters sometimes!"

"Oh yeah, and when did we last get your point of view?" Sharp-eyes mocks. "Side character. Anyway, so, I'm killing all the side characters. I'm bored of you guys."

"No!" Dragonfly cries. "Flurry, I know we just met, but I think—I think I'm in love with you! Flurry, I love you!"

"Dragonfly, I love you too!" Flurry says. They embrace as they burn into a pile of ashes on the floor.

Oh, so sad. But don't we all love a tragic romance. I roll my eyes.

"No, you can't do that!" Clearsight cries. "You can't—Sharp-eyes, how could you!"

"You don't have your powers anymore! I can do anything I want!" Sharp-eyes declares.

Darkstalker steps forward. "No—Sharp-eyes. You don't understand!"

"Oh, what don't I understand, Darkstalker?"

"Sharp-eyes," Clearsight says, tears welling in her eyes. "When we were younger, before we had Shadowhunter, we had another dragonet, but we couldn't keep it, so we left it at the steps of the library. hoping someone would take it in and raise it as their own."