Meeting stassy

After working here for three years I have never decided to nominate myself as firefighter of the month But today that's changing

But today that's changing.

"So why are you even deciding to do this, I thought you were against the whole sexualising firefighters thing?" Hen exclaimed standing up from beside me to grab herself her third coffee of the shift.

"That's the reason I'm doing it. Why is it that every stereotypical firefighter is a man, I wanna show women can do it too and be just as cool, not sexy!, as men."

" well girl, I gotta give it ya stass, you got the strength I could never have." My best friend exclaims as she walks down the first step to the bottom of the firehouse.

Taking that as my sign to follow I quickly get up off the lounge and scurry behind.

The 118 is like the family I always wanted growing up.

Being raised by my mother and my two older sisters, and helping raise my two younger sisters, it was always hard finding time to spend with each other.

But we always promised we would make it work at least one time in the week, and that's exactly what we did.

My mama is Julieta, her half sister is Athena grant, making Athena my Aunty, my oldest sister is Maria, my second oldest is Angelina, then there's me, Anastasia, and my two younger sisters, Lila, and Marisa.

Growing up, I only ever saw papa once every two years on Christmas Day due to the fact he was drafted to war.

Every Christmas we'd see him, he'd tell me facts about war and things that he always said would save my life one day, although I didn't think so at the time, I appreciate it now.

He passed in action by a bomb impaled in the guy he was trying to save. I was twelve years old when the incident happened.

Ever since then, I've suffered from severe depression and anxiety, but I teach myself ways to overcome it everyday.

Lila and Marisa were five and three, so they don't remember much but Maria and Angelina were 16 and 14 and all three of us remember it like yesterday.

Mama married papa 'Antonio Reyes' but she kept her maiden name, Qurtez,  seeing as apart from one of his sisters, tia Andy (Andrea), his whole family were evil.

The Reyes side of our family do not mix well with the Qurtez' so mama decided to have her last name instead of papas. He wasn't too happy about it.

Tia Andy is my godmother, and apart from her, her son Carlos and I get along like two peas in a pod, we were both born in 1997 and we've been inseparable ever since.

His mama and I have a strong bond and she's also Mexican like us, but his papa is Brazilian and he was a strict man. He left tia and had an affair with some Brazilian stripper, when Carlos came out to him as gay.