7.1

"You ever feel like you missed your calling, Cap?" Asks chimney, stuffing his face with omelette

"What are you thinking?" Asks a curious Bobby. "Michelin-rated restaurant or short order cook?"

"I was thinking TV chef. I mean, what you do, it's like performance art."

"Mm-hmm, and much like
watching cooking on TV, we never get to taste anything." Hen replies, making me laugh out loud.

"Usually by the time it hits
the table, the bell goes off." I add on.

"All right, speed round. If you weren't doing this, what would you be doing?" Asks bobby

"Fighter pilot. Topgun.
Call sign: shogun."

"Bit of a mouthful there chim" I giggle before sipping my coffee.

"What about you, Hen?"

"Editial cartoonist, The New Yorker. I have a lot to say."

"You draw?" I ask curiously.

"No, it's a dream. It's not supposed to be attainable. Topgun? You can barely drive, you rebar head." She responds, making me shrug.

"Fair enough."

"What about you stass?" Asks Bobby

"Oh, for sure a music producer. Singing and creating are one of my many talents." I respond proudly with a cheeky smirk on my face.

"you got that right." Says chim with a mouthful of egg. "Hey. All right, Buckaroo." He greets buck after entering the firehouse.

"If you were not a member of the LAFD: what would you be doing?" Asks chim.

"Uh, I don't know. I'm not getting fired, am I?" He asks curiously.

"That's inevitable." Chim replies.

"He'd be a golden retriever." Chimes in hen.

"No, a bartender. No, no, no, bouncer at a bar." Chimney responds.

"A bouncer at a strip club." I respond, smirking.

"Oh, for sure." Reply chim and hen in unison before both high fiving me, proudly.

"What's going on with you, kid?" Asks bobby, averting all our attention to buck.

"Just traffic sucks in this town." He huffs out."unless you're driving ten tons of engine with sirens. It took me almost two hours to get from Abby's place, to the call center downtown,
then back over here. Just told Maddie she needs to start Ubering."

"How's your sister settling in down there?" Asks bobby.

"Well, she's a Buckley. Practically running the place."

And that's when hen, chim and I all drop our cutlery and walk off with our plates in unison, with an "are you serious?" Look on our faces.

〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️