Awful people

"LAFD

"LAFD. Step aside, please." Bobby warns the crowd that welcomed us as soon as we jumped out of the firetruck.

"I didn't know what to do. I was afraid to move the car." Exclaims a confused woman as she holds my shoulder.

"You did the right thing. We'll take it from here." I reassure the frantic 70 looking year old.

"Do any of you have a pen? I've got a partial license plate. Somebody should write it down." Suggests the woman, seeming like she's been through this before.

"Don't worry about the license plate, ma'am. It's right here on the back of the car." Eddie reassures the woman. "Not this car. The car that hit me." She breathes out.

"Uh, wait, this isn't the car that hit you?" Asks a confused buck.

"No, this is the car that ran me over."

I look across from my spot next to eddie, to make eye contact with a confused cap

"Better be insured." She gasps. I know what's going on here. Case of the annoying Karen that thinks she can earn money by insurance fraud. She looks familiar. I roll my eyes at Eddie as he looks at me puzzled.

"Let's just focus on getting you out of here first, ma'am." Assures Eddie, as he turns back to the woman.

"I think there's enough room. We can slide a backboard under here and pull her out that way." Exclaims buck as he look towards cap before he nods, giving buck the all clear.

"Okay, c-can you tell me your name?" Asks Eddie as we look up to see chim and hen walking towards us with life PACs.

"Lorraine." The woman responds, grunting.

"Hey, wait. Don't we know you?" Asks hen as she looks at Lorraine.

"Uh, no, I don't... I don't, I don't think so." Stutters a now very conscious and suspicious woman.

"Last year, Hancock Park." Explains hen, cutting the bullshit.

"That's right." Chim and I say at the same time.

"I never forget a femur." Responds chim, now taking a good look at her face.

"Hmm." Lorraine nervously chuckles.

"It's the damned Porch Pirate." Exclaims Athena as she now arrives on the scene.

"Guess you moved up from porches to parking lots, huh, Lorraine?" I ask standing up from my crouched spot next to Eddie.

〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️

"What's your scam?" Asks Athena, cutting straight to the point, as she looks at the woman sitting up on the back board in front of the truck.

"I don't know what you are talking about. I went to my court-mandated treatment. I'm completely cured. Haven't stole a package in months." The woman reassured my non-believing aunt.

"Mm-hmm." Replies Athena. "I heard you settled with that homeowner."

"The house she fell in front of when she was package stealing?" I scoff as Athena looks at me smirking .