C238: The Assassination that was Brought Forward Half a Year

“Gongzi, we can’t proceed any further, or else we’ll alarm that Goguryeon expert.” In the midst of his contemplations, a gentle but forceful hand suddenly grabbed Wang Chong’s arm.

“Besides, we still don’t know whether King Sosurim is here. If he’s here, I fear that we might not get off unscathed,” Miyasame Ayaka said nervously.

It was no secret that Wang Chong intended to deal with King Sosurim, but that Goguryeon spy was not an easy person to deal with.

Putting aside how elusive that person was, he also had a huge bunch of violent and formidable Goguryeon assassins beneath him.

In fact, King Sosurim was the first name that Miyasame Ayaka heard after entering the circle of assassins.

If not for Wang Chong, she would have never considered provoking King Sosurim! But Wang Chong was simply too daring, actually sneaking in here. Even she was unable to persuade him otherwise.

“Heh, don’t worry. Your considerations are unfounded. King Sosurim isn’t here, and at most, that expert is just a Turk Condor Sniper,” Wang Chong turned around and revealed his findings with a hushed voice.

“This… If King Sosurim isn’t here, our operation is meaningless, isn’t it? To expend so much effort for a mere Goguryeon expert… Why don’t we retreat for now? We can report this matter to the royal court to clear up this gathering,” Miyasame Ayaka advised with a suppressed tone. This was the safest option they had at hand.

“Retreat? How is that possible?” Wang Chong chuckled. “The reason why we went through so much trouble to unearth the gathering point of the Goguryeons isn’t to let the royal court clear things up.”

If Miyasame Ayaka thought that Wang Chong’s actions were just to exact vengeance for that night assault, she was severely underestimating him. The reason why Wang Chong went to uncover the den of Goguryeons wasn’t just to leave them to the royal court.

“Wait here for me,” Wang Chong muttered. After which, he abruptly crawled across the floor as adroitly as a black lizard, heading for the room before him.

“Gongzi…” Astonished, Miyasame Ayaka quickly stretched out her hands to stop him, but it was too late. This time, her face paled, and her body trembled with anxiety.

The senses of those in the True Martial realm were extraordinary. Even she dared not go any further for fear of attracting the latter’s attention, and yet, Wang Chong was actually still advancing.

What was even more surprising was that even though Miyasame Ayaka could still sense Wang Chong’s presence initially, in the blink of an eye, like a burst bubble, he disappeared from her senses.

She could still roughly make out Wang Chong’s silhouette, but bizarrely, she wasn’t able to sense his aura at all. It was as if he was nothing more than a mere shadow.

“This…” Miyasame Ayaka was stunned. Worried as she was, she dared not step any further. While Wang Chong could succeed, she had no confidence that she could do the same.

Unaware of Miyasame Ayaka’s dilemma, Wang Chong was only glad that the Tortoise Breathing Art he had learned from Arloja and Ablonodon proved useful now.

This secret art of the Sindhi Saddhus allowed one to plug all of their pores, preventing the slightest aura from leaking out of them. At the same time, one’s metabolism rate would be reduced to the minimum, allowing one to survive without eating or drinking for several months, or even several years.

Even Wang Chong wasn’t capable of such a feat despite the incredible might he wielded back then. This technique was probably created out of necessity by the impoverished Sindhu. While it wasn’t offense-oriented, it could prove useful under extreme situations.