Hogwarts Letter

An eleven year old girl swung down from the window. She was tall, with wavy black hair and emerald green eyes, dressed in a beige shirt and black combat jeans, having donned muggle clothing.

"Mum! Mum, where'd you go off to?" Her voice was measured, and low, but she was yelling at the top of her voice. "Did you set a dungbomb in the kitchen again?" her mother said sternly.

"Maybe." said the girl, smiling mischievously.

Venessa Black, her mother, had a reprimanding look on her face, her arms crossed, but her blue eyes twinkled. She had brown hair, and looked nothing like her daughter, who her mother said looked like her father, but we don't talk about him.

"Alexandra," she chided. "Mum, do listen! I've got my Hogwarts letter!"

Venessa's eyes lit up. "That's great, my darling! Show me!" Alexandra Sirius Black handed her an old, vintage-looking envelope, with a crest on it, with a brown badger, a regal eagle, a royal lion, and an emerald green snake, all four animals coiled around a large black H.

"Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry." Alexandra whispered.

"I hope I'm in Gryffindor, like you, Mum!" Alexandra said excitedly, pacing around the house. "Do we get to go to Hogsmeade and everything?" "Do calm down!" her mother said in a despairing voice. "Mum, I'm going to Hogwarts, you should be more excited!" Her mother laughed.