Chapter 9: Age's Breath Is Short

" DAD!!!!" Summit woke up to the sound of his daughter's hysterical voice. Then the sound of a banging on the door woke Elesia up. Summit stood up shirtless and he ran over to the door and opened it to find Galaxy and Ember standing outside the door with a little girl who was about a year old and she had short strait cherry blonde hair. She smiled as she looked at Summit. "Well she's cute? Is she like a baby playdate or something? Speaking of, where is your baby? You can't just leave her on her own. She's an infant. I thought that was common sense Galaxy."

"Well, I found this baby in my baby's crib, so I am assuming that this is her." Galaxy said with tears in her eyes. Summit took a deep look into the baby's eyes and he could see that it was indeed the baby that Galaxy had given birth to the night before. Ember just stared at Summits six pack in bewilderment. Summit looked at his daughter in confusion. Then he looked at Ember and saw that Ember was looking at his chest and he smiled slightly as he felt proud of himself. Elesia walked out and saw the baby and then her daughter's face and then her eyes slipped over to Embers.

" EMBER!" Elesia shouted and Ember snapped out of it.

"I wasn't looking at Sumpecks, I mean, Summit." Ember stuttered and Summit just grinned from ear to ear. Elesia hit him on the shoulder.

" Go put a shirt on Sumpecks and we can go down to the doctor." Elesia sighed and Summit grabbed a green velvet robe and they started to walk down to the doctor's office while Galaxy cradled the child in her arms. They got down to the doctor's office and Summit knocked on the door. It took a minute, but the doctor answered the door and smiled at Summit.

" Finally got some sleep did you?" The doctor asked.

" Yeah, but that's not important. We have a problem." Summit said and Galaxy showed the doctor the baby and the doctor looked concerned immediately.

"Come inside quickly." The doctor said and they all hurried in and when they all got inside the doctor shut the door.

"Are you positive that Carman didn't attack you when she killed Ash?" The doctor asked.

"Yes." Galaxy said but Ember wasn't as sure.

"Well," Ember sighed and everyone looked over at him. "That night, I, uh, I had a strange feeling and so I woke up and went to get a drink of water and I thought I saw your stomach glowing for a moment, but I thought it was my eyes." Ember admitted and Galaxy shook her head at him.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Galaxy asked as she held her child.

"I didn't think anything of it, I'm sorry." Ember sighed and Galaxy looked at the doctor.

"We may be dealing with serious black magic. Summit call your short magician friend and get him down here. We might not have very much time on our hands here." The doctor sighed and Summit immediately grabbed his phone and dialed the number.

"Tobias I need you here immediately. Yes, at the castle. Thank you. I'll see you then." Summit sighed and then he hung up after his conversation was over. "He can be here tomorrow morning, he is on his way. We are just going to have to hang in there." Summit sighed as he looked at his daughter who didn't know what to think.

"Alright, I need to keep this baby under observation." The doctor requested and Galaxy thought for a moment.

"Only if I can stay with her." Galaxy said this and the doctor nodded.

"I'm staying too." Ember added.

"I think all of us will be staying except for me." Summit sighed.

"Dad we don't even know how much time we have with her, can you please put your duties as king before us for once in your life?!" Galaxy snapped and Summit looked to his daughter.