Chapter 8

Lothórien

They made it out of Moria onto rocks and stones. Everyone that was close to Gandalf was grieving, the four hobbit's crying and Gimli was trying to go back into Moria and Boromir was trying to stop him. Legolas, Luke, Leia, Han, and Chewy were mourning quietly. While Din was tending to an upset Grogu. Aragon, Boba, and Rosalie knew they needed to move on before dark. "Legolas, and Luke get them up." Aragon said to them. "Give them a moment for pity sake." Boromir said to Aragon. "By night fall these hills will be swarming with orc's. We must reach the woods of Lothlórien. Come Boromir, Legolas, and Gimli get them up. On your feet Sam. Frodo!" Aragon said. "Frodo come we must go." Rosalie said to him. Frodo turns and looks at her nodding. They began their journey to Lothlórien. Through the plains and rivers into the woodland.

They made it to the woodland realm of Lothlórien entering into the forest. All of them were looking around in awe of the woods. "Stay close young hobbits. They say a great sorcerer lives in these woods. An Elf witch of terrible power, all who look upon her fall under her spell." Gimli said to them. "Frodo." Frodo heard a voice calling him, he started looking around to look for the voice. "Never to be seen again." Gimli said. "Frodo your coming to us as the foot steps of doom. You bring great Evil here, Ring bearer." Frodo heard the voice again. "Mr. Frodo?" Sam asked Frodo turns to look at Sam then looks forward. "Well here's one Dwarf she won't ensnare so easily. I have the eyes of a hawk and ears of a fox. Oh!" Gimli said, and then was shocked when he realized he had an arrow pointed at him. "The Dwarf breaths so loud we could have shot him in the dark." Haldir said to them. The elves took them up into their talans. "Welcome Legolas, son of Thranduil." Haldir said in elvish. "Our Fellowship stands in your debt. Haldir of Lorien." Legolas said back in elvish. "Ah  Aragon of the Dunedain, you are known to us." Haldir said in elvish, then Aragon spoke back in elvish. "So much for the courtesy of the Elves, speak words we can all understand." Gimli said rudely to Haldir. "We have not dealings with the Dwarfs since the dark days." Haldir said to Gimli. "And you know what this dwarf says to that." Gimli said then continued to speak in Dwarvish. "That was not so courteous." Aragon said to Gimli after grabbing his shoulder. "You bring great Evil with you. You can go no further." Haldir said to Frodo then to everyone else. Aragon was trying to convince Haldir to let them continue on to Lothlórien. Everyone was sitting around waiting to see what happened next. Rosalie, Boba, Din, and Grogu were in one corner. While Han, Leia, Luke, and Chewy were in another corner, and everyone else was spread out. "Gandalf's death was not in vain. Nor would he have you give up hope, you carry a heavy burden Frodo. Don't carry the weight of the dead." Boromir said to Frodo. "You will follow me." Haldir said to them. They continued their journey through Lothlórien. "Caras Galadhon. The heart of Elvendem, of Lord Celeborn, and of Galadriel Lady of light." Haldir said to them. They all stood there in awe at the sight they saw.

They walked up the stairs of the biggest tree to meet the Lord Celeborn and Lady Galadriel. They stood at the top waiting for the Lord and Lady to speak, while Haldir stood off to the side. When the Lord and Lady came down from their living area, the hobbits stood there in awe. Legolas, Aragon, Boba, Din, and Rosalie stood there with grim faces and sorrow. Boromir, Gimli, Han, Leia, and Luke were standing there somewhat in confusion and in awe. While Grogu was babbling nonstop. "The enemy knows you have entered here, what hope you had in secrecy is gone. Sixteen that are here, but seventeen had sat out from Rivendell. Tell me where is Gandalf for I  much desire to speak with him. I can no longer see him from a far." Lord Celeborn said. "Gandalf the Gray did not pass the boarder's of this land. He has fallen into shadow." Lady Galadriel said looking down and Lord Celeborn looked at her. "He was taken by both shadow and flame, a Balrog of Morgoth. For we went needlessly into the net of Moria." Legolas said to them. "Needless were none of the deeds of Gandalf in life. We do not yet know his full purpose. Do not let the great emptiness of Khazad-dûm fill your heart Gimli son of Glóin. For the world has grown full of error and in all lands love is now mingled with grief." Galadriel said to them. "What now comes of this fellowship without Gandalf hope is lost." Celeborn asked Galadriel. "The quest stands on the edge of a knife, stray but a little and it will fail to the ruin of all. Yet hope remains while the company is true. Do not let your hearts be troubled go now and rest for you are weary with sorrow, and much toil tonight you will sleep well. "Welcome Frodo of the Shire one I have seen die!" Galadriel said to them, then spoke in Frodo's mind.