Chapter 7

Moria

They were standing in the dark with no light until Gandalf lit his staff and Rosalie lit the branch she had grabbed awhile ago. "We have but one choice, we must face the long dark of Moria. Be on your guard, there are older and fouler things then Orcs in the deep places of the world. Quietly now it's a four day journey to the other side. Let's hope that our presence may go unnoticed." Gandalf said to them. They began their journey through Moria. They climbed stairs went through caves. "The wealth of Moria was not in gold, or jewels but of Mithril." Gandalf said to them. They all looked down the cavernous cliff. "Wow who knew." Han said Leia standing next to him looking down. "Dwarfs." Leia said to Han. "Bilbo had a shirt of Mithril rings that Thorin gave him." Gandalf said. "Aw that was a kingly gift." Gimli said. "Yes I  never told him, but it's worth was grater than the value of the Shire." Gandalf said. Frodo looked at Gandalf shocked while knowing he himself was warring it. They continued on through the caves. "I have no memory of this place." Gandalf said they all sat down until Gandalf figured out where they were.

While waiting for Gandalf to figure out which direction they needed to go everyone had started talking quietly. "How did you and Boba meet?" Pippin asked Rosalie. "Pippin!" Merry, Sam said at the same time. "It's alright. But it's probably best that you wait for me to tell you about how we met. We could be moving on in a few minutes, plus it's a long story." Rosalie said to Pippin and Merry. Frodo had saw something in the distance and went to Gandalf to tell him. "There's something down there." Frodo said to Gandalf. "It's Gollum." Gandalf said to Frodo. "Gollum?" Frodo asked. "He's been following us for three days." Gandalf said. "He escaped the dungeons Barad-dûr." Frodo said. "Escaped or was set loose. Now the ring has drawn him near. He won't never be rid of his need for it. He hates and loves the ring, as he hates and loves himself. Sméagol's life was sad story. Yes Sméagol, he was once called, before the ring found him, before it drove him mad." Gandalf said to Frodo. "It's a pity Bilbo didn't kill him when he had the chance." Frodo said looking in the direction he saw Gollum. "Pity, it was pity that stayed Bilbo's hand. Many that lived deserved death, but some who died deserve life. Can you give it to them Frodo? Do not be to eager to unto  death and judgment. Even the very wise  consume this, my heart tells me that Gollum has some part to play in for good or evil, before this is over. Pity of Bilbo may rule the fate of many." Gandalf said to Frodo. "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened." Frodo said. "So do all who lived to see such times. But it is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces that are at work in this world Frodo, besides the evil. Bilbo was meant to find the ring, in which case you also were meant to have it. And that is encouraging thought." Gandalf said to Frodo.

The others began to wonder how long it would take for Gandalf to figure out which way they needed to go. "How long is he going to be?" Han asked. "I don't know ask." Leia, and Luke said at the same time. "Ah it's that way." Gandalf finely said. "He's remembered." Merry said. "No. But the air doesn't smell so foul down here. If in doubt. Meriadoc, always follow your nose." Gandalf said to Merry. They continued their journey through Moria. "Let me risk a little more light. Behold the great realm and Dwarf-city of Dwarrowdelf." Gandalf said to them. "There's an eye opener, and no mistake." Sam said. "Wow would you look at that." Han said to Leia, Luke, and Chewy. While Rosalie, Boba and Din looked at each other and Grogu babbling. They saw great stone pillars from floor to ceiling and goes as far as the eye can see. With speckles of silver here and there as well as gold and Jewels. They walked down until Gimli took off running. "No no."Gimli said crying at a grave stone. Everyone followed him and walked around the grave stone. "Here lies Balin son of Fudin Lord of Moria. He is dead then, just as I feared." Gandalf said while Gimli was still crying. He saw dwarf with a book, so Gandalf gave Pippin his staff and picked up the book. "We must move on we cannot linger." Legolas said to Aragon, Boba, and Rosalie. "They have taken the bridge, and the second hall. We have bard the gates, but cannot hold them for long. The ground shakes, drums, drums in the deep. We cannot get out, the shadow moves in the dark. We cannot get out. They are coming." Gandalf reads from the book. Pippin touched a skeleton and it fell down the well, and made a lot of noise. "Fool of a Took, throw yourself in next time and rid us of your stupidity." Gandalf said to Pippin. Then they began to hear the beat of drums.

The drums kept getting louder and closer as if it were bringing hordes of orc's. "Frodo!" Sam said looking at Frodo's sword that's glowing blue. "Orc's." Legolas said and proceeded to prepare his bow and arrows. Boromir looked out the door and nearly got shot in the face by an arrow. "Get back stay close to Gandalf." Aragon said to the hobbit's, then proceeded with Boromir, Boba, and Din barricade the doors. They closed the doors. "They have a cave troll." Boromir said. Everyone pulled out their swords, bows and arrows, blasters, light saber, axes, and crossbow. The ones that started to break the doors were shot down by Legolas, Aragon, Boba, Din, Han, and Chewy. Until the Orc's broke the doors down. They all charged at the orc's Chewbacca was throwing orc's and tearing them apart. While Luke was cutting them up with his light saber. Orc's were being taken down right and left by everyone. Rosalie was using her powers to kill them as well. Then a troll crashed through the door and above it. "Frodo!" Aragon yelled. "Aragon!" Frodo yelled back. Everyone tried to shoot at the troll but wasn't succeeding. It blocked Frodo near the pillars with Grogu. Everyone was trying to get to them while also fighting the orc's. Grogu had used the force to put the troll to sleep before it was able to stab Frodo. And Luke was able to kill the troll. They were able to kill all of the orc's and then check and see if anyone was injured. "Good job Grogu." Din said to him patting his head. "We need to move on, more will come." Rosalie said to them. And they started down the hall's of Moria.

They were running down the hall's of Moria, and were halfway when they were surrounded by orc's and goblins. There was goblins coming out from the ceiling and crawling down the pillars. While orc's ran from the side hall's. The seventeen companions were back to back in a circle. When they heard a loud rumbling sound which scared all the orc's and goblins away. Gimli was laughing because of it the rest were shocked about it Rosalie and Boba looked at each other and prepared to fight. At the end of the hall that they came from began to glow orange and red so Gandalf closed his eyes and sensed what it was. "What is it Gandalf?" Sam asked. "Balrog, Run!" Gandalf yelled they began running the rest of the way down the hall. They went through a door and Boromir almost fell because the stairs had been broken and Legolas had caught him. Everyone stopped and looked and began running towards the stairs that weren't broken. They stopped at one point to jump across a small section of the stairs that was not there. Legolas jumped first then they heard the roar getting louder and closer. "Gandalf!" Legolas said. Gandalf jumped across and landed. They started to get shot at by the orc's, and Legolas started shooting them down. Boromir picked up Merry, and Pippin then jumped across. The stairs began to crumble and made more of a space for them to jump across. Luke picked up Leia and jumped across using the force. While Din, and Boba used their jet packs to fly across with Rosalie, and Grogu. Chewbacca threw Han across to Luke to catch him then jumped over himself. Aragon threw Sam across to Boromir, while Boba, Din, Han, and Chewy were shooting at the orc's. Aragon went to toss Gimli but wouldn't let him. "Nobody tosses a Dwarf." Gimli said to Aragon, then jumped across only to almost fall but gets caught by his beard by Legolas. More of the stairs began to crumble causing Aragon and Frodo to move higher. The Balrog was getting closer causing the stairs they were standing on to crumble behind them so now they had to balance themselves on it. "Hang on. Lean forward!" Aragon said to Frodo. "Come on." Legolas said and caught Aragon while Boromir caught Frodo. They began running the rest of the way down the stairs. "Over the bridge. Fly!" Gandalf yelled to them. The Balrog was right behind Gandalf when it appeared, so he began running and made it halfway across before he stopped. "You cannot pass!" Gandalf yelled at the Balrog. "Gandalf!" Frodo yelled. "I am the servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. You cannot pass. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udûn. Go back to the Shadow! You shall not pass!" Gandalf yelled, then proceeded to hit his staff on the bridge with a flash of light. The bridge began to collapse while the Balrog was falling it swung its whip catching onto Gandalf's ankle and pulling him down. "Fly, you fools." Gandalf yelled before he let go. "No!" Everyone yelled. "Gandalf!" Frodo yelled while trying to go help Gandalf. And Gandalf fought against the Balrog while falling. Aragon, Luke, Boba, and Rosalie began to lead them out of the mines.