Friends...?

Cameron's POV
Location; school

playing....  The perfect pair by Beapbadoobee

I walked into the school halls... im instantly squished by bodies but I make it to my locker and take a deep breathe. I mean getting pushed around by sweaty bodies is very claustrophobic.. I put my locker combination in and take the books I need out of my locker into my bag before turning around and heading off too class until Ariel comes into view and swings her arm around my shoulder with a goofy smile "morning" I smile at Ariel "morning, girl i wanna die i've got maths" She pouts I just watch her rant on as we walk down the quiet hall all the students scattered and it's peacefull but not really the fact Ariel is yapping my ear off is not giving the 'peacefull' vibe but if Ariel wasnt yapping or being her funny weird self than i'd be worried.

"Ariel i gotta get to class we can talk after" I laugh and slowly reach for her arm peeling it off my shoulder.
"ok ok same babe so meet me at the bench" she clicks her fingers at me and winks I just nod and stare at her as she walks off down the other hall.
I turn to my class door and walk into maths  I havent had any maths class yet so this will be my first. I look around the class and see a couple people staring at me but I just avert my eyes from them and look at the back row to see the one and only Conner Noon. He has his focused face on, either drawing or writing on his copy.

"Ahhh you must be..." The teacher speaks up looking through her sheet making me turn my gaze to her  "Cameron" She looks up from her sheet with a cheery smile that kinda makes me smile a little.
I walk closer to her desk fiddling with my hands trying to calm my nerves "so I dont really mind where you sit so take a seat anywhere" she says clasping her hands together as she plops down on her seat "ok..." I peep up and look around the room seeing everyone chatting.

"Cameron!" I hear someone call my name I look around to see Connor waving me to come over. Great just great.
I nod at him and slowly walk over to the desk beside him sliding my books onto my desk and sitting down. "hey" I turn my head to him rolling my lip into my mouth to chew on Connor turns his head towards me with a smirk "you look nervous" he says stating the obvious im practically shitting myself. I just quietly laugh and turn my gaze away to the front of the class "yeah i mean.. it's only my second day here" He just hums and I feel his gaze turn away from my side.

"okay class we have someone new today" making my head jolt up a little seeing her staring right at me with a smile "cameron, so be nice to her." she clasps her hands together and moves away turning to the board. I look around seeing everybodys eyes on me, this is hell if I have ever seen it. My hands slowly move towards eachother and I start picking at them.

"habbit?" I hear a voice from beside me I turn my gaze to him too see his hair falling infront of his eyes. My mouth forms into a thin line and I just nod my head.

"I do it when im nervous or anxious" I state he just nods making the silence the loudest thing around us.

After a while he speaks up "you'll be fine you have me.." His lip rolls into his mouth and he combs his fingers through his hair. Is that suppose to make me feel better "wow thanks.." I sarcastically speak up. He laughs "I didnt mean it like that I meant.. you have a friend." My eyebrow perks up I didnt know he thought of us as friends I just thought we were acquainted. "friends..?" I mumble looking away from him I feel Connor's eyes linger on the side of my face "yeah i-i thought we were.." His voice goes a little pitched making me turn my head away fully to laugh over my shoulder.

"hey whats funny" He says laughing aswell I feel his hand on my shoulder making me turn to him he just looks away "are we?.." he mumbles looking back up at me rolling his lip back into his mouth "are we what..?"
"are we friends.." I find his nervous face cute it makes me smile "yes Connor we can be friends" I roll my eyes turning my head to the front of the classroom trying to tune into the teachers lesson with the class.

"cool" He speaks up turning his head away from me..

-------------------------------

The bell rings and I stand up grabbing my bag I turn around to walk off but I feel a grip on my wrist making me holt I turn around and see Connor "you dropped this" he hands me my pen "thanks." I take the pen from him I look down "wait this isnt my p-" I look up and hes gone I look back down at the pen and turn it over to see a thin note on it with his number? what the... he gave me his number my insides feel weird and a smile plays on my lips. What is he trying to do..?

I shove the pen into my pocket and walk away with a smile..

AUTHORS NOTE
IM SORRY ITS SO SHORT BUT I HAD COVID THATS WHY I HAVENT MADE ANY NEW CHAPTERS