Chapter one:Talia

Walking through the halls of Romano mansion
wasn't the best feeling, the cold tall walls were the definition of depression.

The portraits on the walls were my relatives, my ancestors who once had lived in the same house as me.

The house I grew up, the house that I had all my memories didn't make me feel safe and happy, it scared me, it freaked me out.

My father had called me to his office, probably to talk for some of his stupid parties.

"Talia, we need you to join us at the Galla Kastrati is throwing." Kastrati was one of the most powerful families of the Albanian mafia, the head of the mafia was Arben Kastrati.

"Also that will be a good excuse for you to meet your future fiancée" at the mention of a fiancée my face twitched.

"What fiancée father?" I questioned, what is he talking about? What fiancée?

"Talia you are old enough now, and you can't live all the time with us, we gave you the option to study and you did, now it's time you get married and start your own family"

"But father I don't know him, how am I supposed to marry someone I don't know" I ask my dad, "it's better sometimes if you don't know who your future partner is."my father said .

Sometimes I wonder if he hears himself when he talks. "But.." before talking my father cuts me off "there's no buts, you are coming tonight." That didn't really sound like a question so I had no option then to just nod and leave his office.

How could he even think of giving me off to some random man,I wanted to know if he cared about me, if he cared as much as he claimed.

14 years ago:

After begging my mom for about an hour she finally agreed on letting me play around the house, she never lets me play when dad is around, he doesn't want any noises. She made me swear I wouldn't play around his office tho.

I was running playing with my dolls when I saw some crayons and A4 paper, I wanted to draw a little something for my dad.

I grab a blue a red and a pink crayon I draw my father with the blue one my mom with a red one and myself with a pink one behind us there stood a big green house.

"Our house!"

I run over at my dad's office my painting on my hands, I knocked the wooden doors and my dad's cold voice was heard "yes" he said, I opened the door "Daddy!" I screamed running to show him my drawing.

"Look daddy,I made us!" my father grabbed the paper from my hands and looked at it once "stop wasting my time with your stupid drawings talia, grow up you are 10, you should be taking your piano lessons not ruin your afternoon with some first grade drawings" my eyes started watering.

"I am sorry, I won't do it again" I leave the office closing the door behind me.

"He did what?" Beau's voice rang my ears, I called Beau and told her everything about my engagement and about my mysterious fiancée.

"I don't know, everything is new for me too!" I say letting a sigh "I mean, we all know our fate, that's probably how every girl in our circle will end." She was true, this was our fate, my mom had the same fate as me, so did Beau's mother and so did all the other women on our circle.

"Women are just baby machines, they're there only to give heirs for the big families to continue." I hated it when she was right, but she was always right so talking with Beau was always her being right and me complaining.

"I hate everyone so much,isn't it a shame how men treat their wife or women in general like that, only if you are protected by your father you can escape marriage" protected by your father was a rare thing, mostly used by men who only had one child, and that child was born a female, like me.

"Anyways cross your finger and hope he's hot." She adds giggling. "You bitch!" I tease Beau. "Even if he was hot,I would still hate me" I add " let's be real Tilly. You could never ignore a hot guy" Beau replies "Did you call me a slut?" I ask
"Maybe"
"The audacity!"
"Sorry princess"

Beau was my childhood best friend, she was a gorgeous blondie with blue eyes.
An Italian dream.

"So you're coming to the Galla right?"
"Of course they are dragging my ass, can't do much, you know"I say laughing
With Beau I can say or do whatever I want.
"Do you know why's Kastrati throwing a Gala?" I ask Beau, expect from a smart woman she's also a stalker she knows everything.

"Because of Emma's 18th's birthday" she says.
Kastrati had 3 kids his son and his two daughters.
"You know who else is going to be there?" Beau teased
"Who?"
"The Meadows" shit.

The Meadows were my father sworn enemies, my family and the Meadows have been on bad terms for years now. Armen Meadows was the head of the mafia, but after his death his two sons took over it.

Jayden and Xander Meadows.
They looked a like a lot both tall with tattoos.
My father hated them, and he wasn't the only one, the Meadows had problems with other families too.

"Anyways, I'm gonna see you there, then" Beau said taking me out of my thoughts.
"Mhm, yeh see you." I hang up, throwing my phone on my bed.

That's going to be fun.