[8]

Caleb drove away once again, leaving you and Ainsley standing on the street corner. You were grinning ear to ear, happy to be in town once again. The festival was still going on, with two nights left. He zipped up the big coat and followed you down the street. The signs were still up, the town's lanterns were turned off, and people were cleaning up from the previous night to prepare for the next.

"Come on," you chuckled. "There's a movie theatre down the road I saw. Have you ever been to the movies?" Ainsley shook his head. "Oh, boy. They're playing a couple things. Like Space Crashers Extreme 4, some Pixar stuff...."

As you arrived at the fancy doors of the theatre, all of the posters had a big yellow sign reading SOLD OUT. Except for one.

"Damn it," you groaned. "I was hoping to take you to see Space Crashers. You don't need to see one through three, none of them have the same story." Ainsley pointed to the non-sold out poster.

"Why don't we see this?" he asked. You shrugged.

"Eh. If you want to, I'll take you. It's one of those weird, cheesy flicks. I guess the girl is a psycho for the guy and goes all yandere on him." Ainsley wasn't sure what a couple of those words meant, but it didn't matter much. He hadn't been to movies before. Father Carlisle had given the two of you some pocket money for your adventures, as much as he wanted to deny your request.

"Let's see it," he said with a smile. You chuckled and nodded. You waited for a little bit for the next showing, walking around the block for a bit. You could see the police station. You still had no luck getting evidence of child abuse to Officer Giamo, but it had only been a couple days.

You bought the tickets to the weird lovey flick. It was some cheesy name, L.O.M., short for 'love only me'. It was a dumb cover, too. But you got the tickets, got the popcorn and drink, and sat in the centre of the theatre.

The two of you had learned your lesson about giving Ainsley too much sugar, so you shared a low-sugar lemonade soda and large popcorn, which were both almost entirely gone by the time the movie was actually starting. Ainsley was talking about the commercials rather loudly, which made you remember that you had to teach him movie theatre etiquette.

The only other people in the theatre were a group of girls in the back seats, and a couple sitting a few rows ahead of you. The movie started with some dumb music and the shot of the main girl, Laura, coming to town in a bright yellow cab. You whispered jokes to Ainsley, which made him laugh loudly and then get quiet and self conscious. You just kept feeding him popcorn to keep him quiet.

Then it came. Depressingly obvious, there was a sex scene. The character Laura had broken into the main guy's house to seduce him at night, wearing lingerie and a trench coat. The sex was drawn out to an uncomfortable standard, with heavy detail on her movements and moaning.

There was a sound in the dark, catching Ainsley's eye. His gaze darted down at the couple several rows ahead of you, who had been sitting in separate chairs but were now sitting basically on top of one another. Ainsley had heard a muffled squeak come from their direction, and suddenly the girl was on top bouncing just slightly.

"Gross," Ainsley heard you murmur. "I can't believe they're doing that in public."

"Yeah..." Ainsley whispered back. The only issue was he wasn't quite sure what they were doing. But his eyes tracked back up to the screen, only to see a pair of naked breasts staring back at him. Ainsley's face was suddenly hot, so he covered it and closed his eyes tightly. You glanced at him and chuckled softly.

He heard your laugh. He made you laugh, but this wasn't like the other times he made you laugh. It felt like you were almost laughing at him. He had to stop acting like a child. He knew nothing of this stuff, he had never even seen another person naked, but here it was on the big screen in the room, literally the only place he could look. Even if he turned around, the brightness of the screen basically projected it against the opposite wall. When the poor boy dared to uncover his eyes, there was the man's naked body on the screen, coming from the angle of the woman's point of view.