Chapter 3

AN: This is a photo of Matt Struniolo!

Aubrey and I spent the evening after classes on Friday picking out an outfit. Aubrey decided on a red, long sleeve dress with a slit in it and did her hair in a half up half down style. I decided on a black slip dress and curled my hair, adding a black clutch to match and put my lipstick in. "Is this what people wear to parties?" I asked, nervously looking in the mirror.

"Yes! And you look great. There's gonna be boys at the party so who knows? Maybe you'll get a date." She joked.

We made it to a house that looked big enough to be a frat, "Is this a frat?" I asked while we walked to front door. Looking around, I saw groups of people outside holding red solo cups, some passed out in the grass even though it was only 10pm.

"No, the Sturniolo boys just have a lot of money to spend and got this place – pretty nice right?" She explained. I nervously nodded as we got to the front door.

Before we could even knock, the door flung open revealing one of the Sturniolo boys – Nick. "Oh my god girl! You look fabulous!" He said, giving Aubrey a hug, "And you," He said turning to me, "Look stunning girl!"

I smiled, "Wait... you're the same guy from the dining hall? You seemed so much scarier standing behind Matt." I asked.

"Oh honey," He held onto my forearm and leaned in, "We just like to look tough to scare the freshman. I mean, Matt and Chris can get kind of scary but I only get scary when I need to be." He smiled, "Come in ladies, lots of cute boys in here tonight!" He winked, and lead us to the kicten where people had set up beer pong.

The table was surrounded by people, all chanting and trying to win in beer pong. Once they saw Aubrey, they all turned their attention to us, greeting her and asking who I was. "This is my friend Mae, shes my roommate shes really cool." She said. "What are we playing?" Aubrey asked.

"Beer pong," The guy named Chris said.

"But we wanted to shift the game to strip pong." One of the girls said, she had red dyed hair and a tight hot pink dress that showed off her clevage, "I'm Merissa by the way." She turned to me, winking.

Everyone agreed to play strip pong, I had never heard of that game before, so I agreed to play. "So, when we miss the cup we strip the cup? Like drink it all really fast." That's what I thought shots were.

Merissa laughed, "We'll explain when its your turn. Where's Matt?" She asked.

Everyone started looking around, and eventually Matt came into the living room – drunk and with two girls under his arm. They seemed pretty drunk, but happy. He pulled his arm away and eyed me up and down, "So, you decided to join us? And without texting me first."

"Oh... I didn't know I should text you I'm sor-" I started.

"I'm messing with you, what are we playing anyways?" He turned to Chris and Merissa. "Strip pong?" They nodded, "Let's play." He smiled at me.

He started off the game, tossing it effortlessly into the red solo cup. Everyone cheered and laughed, but Matt kept his cool. "Your turn." He said with a sly smile.

I throw the ball, missing it (of course) and hitting him in his face. He didn't even flinch, just laughed at me.

"Well," He chuckled, "Your aim is not so good, clumsy girl. But that means you have to strip!"

I was shocked. I really did not think I would be doing something so risky at my first college party. I took a shot of the beer, then began thinking of what I could say to get out of this. "I don't know if I want to do this."

"Come on! It's the name of the game, lets see whats under that dress." The boys at the party yelled.

Matt's demeanor changed. He began breathing heavier and looked around at the guys cheering me on. "Enough." He growled, "She's not going to strip, who suggested his game anyways?"

Its like he completely forgot he was the one who told me to strip – but I didn't mind his change of tone, because after he told the group to stop egging me on, they stopped and immediately began turning their attention to other things. Drinking, dancing, laughing. He had a power over the group. Everyone just did what he said. 

He walked up to me and cornered me to the wall, placing his arm to lock me in. "So... why does everyone just listen to you?" I ask.

He smirked, "Because this is my house?"

"No, seriously. It's like you have some sort of power over them, some sort of control. I know its deeper than just it being your house." I said, not wanting to snitch on Aubrey who told me about their gang involvement. 

He paused and though for a moment before saying, "Well, maybe if you texted my number we could set up a date for us to get to know each other - and if I like you then I can tell you more about why people listen to me." He suggested, cocking another smirk. 

"I'll think about it." I said, pushing his arm out of the way so I could enjoy the party.

I walked to a group of people drinking and laughing, everyone was getting really loud and pretty drunk. I was starting to feel tipsy from the beer I drank. "Hey Mae!" Aubrey yelled, stumbling over to me, "Can you - can you go get my bag from upstairs. I left it there and I can't walk myself." She said, laughing and falling over.

I nodded, "Okay, but please sit down and get some water." I said, before grabbing another beer to loosen up.

I began walking upstairs. tripping on my feet a little, before making it to the upstairs hallway and bracing myself on the wall. I realized she never told me what room to check, so I began jiggling doorknobs to find an open room. One room in the back of the hallway was open, so I stepped in. After stepping in I noticed a room with dim lighting, red and black paint, and storage bins open and full of weapons. There were guns decorating the wall, and a lone chair in the centre with a spotlight on it. I was startled - is this stuff even legal? I thought, before hearing the door slam shut behind me.

________