Chapter 6

We got in Matt's car and drove back to his house. He said he knew a doctor I could go to for free since the doctor worked for his gang, which is good because I don't have enough money for a doctor. We walk into his house and I see one of the triplets sitting at their counter. It was Chris. 

"Where have you guys been?" Chris asked us, holding his dab pen and blowing out the smoke.

"Took her for a ride," Matt said, putting his arm around me jokingly, " But get this. The Black Belts found us, we were on their turf and they gave us some road trouble." 

Chris's eyes perked up, they were red from smoking. "What? Why would you take her anywhere close to Black Belt territory? That's so dangerous of you? Are you okay, Mae?" He asked, turning his attention to me.

"I'm fine... Matt took me here to get looked at by a doctor." I explained, rubbing my arm which was getting sore from the car chase. 

Chris nodded, "He's here now actually, he's helping Nick change his gauze  from the fight he had with Vinnie." Who's Vinnie? I thought, but decided not to ask to stay out of it. 

Matt and Chris escorted me to a room down the hall. The room looked like a laundry room, with counter tops and cabinets for storage. Nick was on the counter top, having his wound treated. "Almost done, Nick. Try and stay away from them if they have knives and you don't." The doctor chuckled.

"Well, I still won the fight... just got a couple of bumps along the way." Nick laughed, before turning his attention to us. "What's up guys? Hey Mae!"

I waved and smiled.

"Hey Nick. Dr. Roberts can you look at Mae when you're done? She got in a car chase with us, I want to make sure she doesn't have any whip lash." Matt explained, nudging me forward towards the doctor. 

I sat on the counter beside Nick, waiting my turn. Chris and Matt stared at me, as if wanting to see my every move. I didn't know if it was a protective thing or a suspicious thing, but either way it made me uncomfortable to be so heavily watched. Dr. Roberts moved onto me, feeling my bones to make sure I was healthy. "I think she's okay," He smiled, "Take it easy though, don't let these boys get you into any more trouble." He winked. 

I nodded and we all headed out to the living room. Matt ushered me to sit on the couch while he talked to Dr. Roberts behind closed doors. I sat down and Chris sat next to me, "So," He started, "You got in a car with Matt? What would possess you to do that?" He laughed.

"I don't know," I laughed back, "He kind of made me, he told me about some stuff and wanted to show me... something." I said, not knowing if I should reveal his secret spot. 

"Alright... Well, Mae, let me get to know you more. What do you like to do for fun?" He asked.

"I like to... um... study. I like to read a lot, I can knit. I'm mostly concerned with studying right now to get into med school." I explained. 

"Do you smoke?" he asked abruptly. I was offended by the question, especially since he didn't seem to care about what I had just told him.

"No, I haven't ever done that before. I thought weed was bad for you?" I questioned.

He laughed, "You're so sweet." Then he took another hit of his dab pen, blowing it away from me, "I won't make you feel pressured, I was just asking."

Matt came back into the room, "Bye doc! I'll call you for next time." He yelled out the door. "So, you survived your first car chase? How was it Mae!" He teased.

"I'd rather not do that again," I laughed, feeling my ribs hurt slightly, probably due to the seatbelt constantly tightening to hold me in my seat. "I should probably go home and study soon."

Dangerous Devotion: A Struniolo Fanfictionजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें