🍃.2

Present...

"Dad, what happened?" asked Raj.

Mr Kishan's elder son hastily moves in front of his father. When he saw his father was not looking good. His mid-age frame looked tensed. Slouchy body, and quivering hands covering his face.

He shook the older's shoulder which was shaking. His knuckles hold the ageing shoulder with concern and care "Is everything alright?"

Raj getting worried, squats a little in line to face the person.

"Dad, Look at me."

"He was here...Raj," he utters blankly.

"Who?"

"S.Shubman....Shumbman Gill."

"Oh yeah sorry I wasn't able to get a chance to meet him, today you had a meeting with him."

"Don't worry Dad, if it doesn't go well."

"No, it's not about the business deal".

"I mean yes... but there is something more than that"...Mr Kishan enunciates with dispirited looks at his son.

Raj's curious eyes were skimming for more unspoken information, his fingers caressed the shoulder encouraging him to continue with the matter he was all ears to him, to support him.

"It ...it is about Ishan" he whispered his son's name.

"Ishu". Raj mumbles slowly his name.

"What about him Dad?"... I don't feel there was a need to discuss anything about Ishu in between the business meeting."

"It's linked with our Ishan, in..in fact now everything is connected to him." Mr Kishan turns his eyes not wanting to look at his son's questioning stares.

"What do you mean by connected?" Raj's voice turned slightly rough, feeling the possibility of his puzzled thought.

"Everything is dependent on or associated with Ishan now...our future, this company...and his life."

"Dad, don't put off the puzzles." Grips of caressing digits, now tensed around the shoulders trying to settle the unknown trepidation.

"He wants to... marry Ishan within the next week."

"In turn, he will handle everyth..."

"Just shut up, Dad" Raj's enraged tone cuts off others' sentences in the middle.

"How dare he say that? How dare he negotiate anything in terms of Ishu? I'll skin off that bastard alive."

"Raj listen..."

"No, you listen to me... in fact, tell me what did you say to him?  You are not ready for this, right? You kicked him out,  right?"

Mr Kishan looked away again.

His father's steeled gaze is enough to portray the earliest decision taken by him.

Raj's eyes stiffened with bitterness and shock "It... means you agree to such nonsense."

"I won't be agreeing to that deal of yours, Dad I won't let you do it to my brother anymore."

"How can you even agree? we can't just put him in such a marriage?" Said Raj in frustration.

"Raj be a little patience will you?"...asked Mr Kishan in irresoluteness.

"Raj please I never asked you anything, but please support me in this" he is feeling so helpless. One side is his precious little one...the other side is his company.